Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powering a LCD with -,+ wires ?

Hi,

Im almost finished building my carputer(even the little work in the dash) but one thing i still dont have a clue about. I have a cheap STN lcd which uses
    DC12V power (consumes 8W) and connects through a positive and negative wires.
    Now, i honestly dont know where to connect it to, meaning should i connect it stright to the battery? or to the cable that already connected to the battery and that my cell speaker is connected to? or to the opus 90w psu i got?

I've attched a pic of the cable that is connected to the monitor.
    [IMG]c:\My Documents\My Pictures\2004-01-01\DCP_0013.JPG[/IMG]

Thanks alot, X.
    Cheers, yours, X. The link: http://xmen4u.tripod.com/ Click below
    XMen's CarPC Website

ofcourse the image is the attached file
    Attached Files
    XMen's CarPC Website

Comment

Hey. Let me know how good or bad..those STN screens are.
      They sure are cheap compared to TFT.

I think you can probably just hook them up to any thing that gives you a clean/constant 12V DC. I'd probably try to find a way to use the OPUS 12VDC, if it has one. But thats just me. And I'm just starting in the CarPC world. So, I really haven't looked into the OPUS at all

Comment

I would suggest connecting it to the 12V from your PSU. It will give you a nice requlated 12V where the car will fluctuate when running or cranking etc. The PSU should be yellow for (+) 12V and black for GND. Similar to ydoesgodmockme, I'd like to know how it looks once you get it going.
        2006 Chevy Colorado: VIA M10000 EDEN, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB 2.5" Seagate HDD, USB Slim Slot DVD/RW, Holux GPS, MobileVU 10.4" LCD (touch not working yet), VOOMPC Case (blue), 70W DC-DC supply.

Comment

STN Screen

Originally posted by Jackso
          I would suggest connecting it to the 12V from your PSU. It will give you a nice requlated 12V where the car will fluctuate when running or cranking etc. The PSU should be yellow for (+) 12V and black for GND. Similar to ydoesgodmockme, I'd like to know how it looks once you get it going.
          Thanks for your help, ill try doing that... about how it looks:
          i got at home a better quality STN monitor which got an optional AC input so i did all the testing with it(configuring the Media engine and all) and it looked pretty good, ill post pics of any of em as soon as ill have time to proceed with the project.

urs, X
          XMen's CarPC Website

Comment

can you see it from a good angle? I know w/ TFT LCD you can see them in like a lot of angles...but w/ STN, you pretty much have to be facing it... which is bad in a car unless you mount it in front of you .

Anyway....let (at least) me know.

Comment

Working...
            X