Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9" VGA Touchscreen????

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a touchpanel LCD display, as close to 9" I can get.. any suggestions? I'd like it to be a 4:3 ratio, 16:9 is a whole different story and wont fit in my dash as well as a 4:3!

Thanks!

you'll need an 8.4 then, but i dont know where you can get one for cheap
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Yeah I found a sharp 8.4" but the guy wants like $400 - he says it's no but it has no warranty and it looks old, even if it's never been used. Off topic, how do you get windows XP to run 640x480 ??

Comment

right click on the desktop, go to properties, then go to settings, hit advanced, select the adapter tab, and hit list all models.

the first time XP reboots you'll get some stupid message. click OK and never see it again.

As for the display, how'd a 10.4" work? they seem to be more readily available. If you can find one that's 800*600 you should get it, you'll never regret it. was the sharp $400 with touchscreen? that's not far from what you shouuld expect to pay.
        car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

Yeah I really want a 10.4 - actually I want a 12.1 but unless I want to refab my hvac vents I have to go with an 8.4 - 10.1 is really pushing it and I don't think I'm good enough with glass for those tiny clearances.

The sharp was including the touchscreen, and I would gladly pay $400 for a brand new, 2003 model with a 1 year (or similar) warranty in a box. This one had no box, no origination date, and the manual he scanned looked 1993ish.

I have 6.5" vertically and 7.5" horizantally - for the screen itself. I could add maybe .5-1" for mounting hardware, so that would be my max screen size.

Also you recommended 800x600, wouldn't that be difficult to see on a monitor that size?

Thanks

That's what I have to work with Sorry the picture sucks, just took it with my phone!

Comment

is that a chevy? I think you could fit a 10.4 in there
            Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
            Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
            I'M DEBT FREE!!
            I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Originally posted by wizardPC
              is that a chevy? I think you could fit a 10.4 in there
              Nope, no chebbie! It's a ford expedition - I calculated a 10.4" lcd to be 8.32" wide and 6.24" tall at a 4:3 aspect ratio ... I hope I'm wrong? Or maybe I could choke the screen down some?

Comment

Originally posted by southprk
                Nope, no chebbie! It's a ford expedition - I calculated a 10.4" lcd to be 8.32" wide and 6.24" tall at a 4:3 aspect ratio ... I hope I'm wrong? Or maybe I could choke the screen down some?

You can make that work, that's just shaving less than a half inch off each side.
                You can handle it !
                [H]4 Life
                My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

with a 8.4" plus screen, and a little font tweaking, 800*600 would be fine. It makes life much easier, but isn't essential.

Comment

Yeah, 10.1 is probably the way to go... would make a big difference in overall display size

Comment

just ordered a 12.1 ... we'll see how it goes! lol

Comment

YAY ! Be brave !
                        [H]4 Life
                        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                        I'm a lesbian too.
                        I am for hire!

Comment

Where did you order from and what did you get? I am in the market for the same thing....
                          TruckPC
                          P4 1.8GHZ--1G ram--Asus PVR800-vw--14"LCD--Pioneer DVD drive--DeLorme GPS -- 802.11g wifi
                          Audio
                          Alpine 9813--MVR450 amp-- Polk/MOMO components front and rear--2 x 10" RF Power HX2/Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1amp--XM satelitte

Comment

w/ touchscreen? $$$? I think i could cram a 12.1" in my dash

Comment

Originally posted by robiewp
                              w/ touchscreen? $$$? I think i could cram a 12.1" in my dash
                              Yeah I got a great deal... guy says it's brand new in box, ELO makes it.
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gory=3698&rd=1

Supposedly it has the touchscreen controller built into the LCD. The screen is 9.68" wide and 7.26" tall, but I'm not sure what's to the left and right of it (hence why the whole thing is like 15" x 11") .. hopefully nothing that HAS to be attached there. At the bare minimum I have to pull an extra inch out of each side.. which would probably require an entire new dash bezel and refab of vents.. I have a couple other ideas too. We'll see how it goes, I'll keep you updated!

Comment

Working...
                              X