vga cable length

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vga cable length

just curious if anyone has any info on allowable cable length runs.. Im running my xenarc 7" off a laptop in my trunk.. I bought a 10' vga extension cord to make the run as the included cable was only about 6' max.. the screen works, but during most things there is a noticeable refresh.. where a horizontal line continuously scrolls from top to bottom of the screen.. kinda sucks..

just curious if anyone has any experience eliminating the refresh thing.. im running at [email protected]

get a better cable. Sounds like some kind of interference. I currently use a 15ft cable with no problems. It's nice and thick. Back in the day when I had a computer room, I was powering dual 21" monitors over 30ft of cable in another room at 1280*1024 each with no problems at all. It's all in the cable/connector quallity. I've had KVM cables 6 feet long that have the kinds of problems your speaking of.
    car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

Originally posted by robiewp
      get a better cable. Sounds like some kind of interference. I currently use a 15ft cable with no problems. It's nice and thick. Back in the day when I had a computer room, I was powering dual 21" monitors over 30ft of cable in another room at 1280*1024 each with no problems at all. It's all in the cable/connector quallity. I've had KVM cables 6 feet long that have the kinds of problems your speaking of.
      What brand/model extension cable did you use and can it be bought online?

Comment

i've gotten some cheap cables that were horrible, esp one from radio shack. A lot of the higher quality cables have ferrite coils (i think that's what they're called) on each end. Look for a hard cylinder a few inches away from the vga connector on each end.

Comment

Working...
        X