800x480 on my laptop vga output

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800x480 on my laptop vga output

hi, i have been stuck all days messing with powerstrip to get the naive 800x480 resolution for my monitor. i have a gateway solo 3450 laptop with the s3 savage ix graphic card video chip.

under powerstrip, the customize resolution option is blurred out, so i'm thinking that my graphic card does not support customization of resolution?

i tried creating a monitor driver file with the 800x480 resolution and updated my monitor with that driver, but it still does not give the option to select the 800x480 resolution.

would somebody please help?

under powerstrip, the customize resolution option is blurred out, so i'm thinking that my graphic card does not support customization of resolution?

i agree
    -
    My cars
    -

Comment

Are you just using the external monitor or are you using both? I have had problems when both screens were active. Videos couldn't be displayed on more than one screen, mediaplayer just showed a black frame on one of them.
      Otherwise you just might be out of luck. Powerstrip doesn't support all graphics card.

Comment

My sony notebook using ATI video and I need to set the primary monitor as the external monitor. Then you can see video on the external monitor.
        I hope it would help

Comment

yourbig
          under powerstrip, the customize resolution option is blurred out
          I have the same problem with my EPIA M10000 using the onboard video. It appears that this (my) hardware cannot support custom resolutions. Perhaps you're in the same boat.
          MikeH

Comment

My sony notebook using ATI video and I need to set the primary monitor as the external monitor. Then you can see video on the external monitor.
            I hope it would help
            Thanks noname, i figured that out myself. Just wanted to know if he ran dual monitors since that could be a problem for powerstrip to handle since they are on the same graphics card.

Comment

from all indication is that i'm so out of luck. s3 graphic card dont support customize resolution. i cant set my external vga as primary display.

so now im back to step one. build a mini-itx box, or get another laptop that supports 800x480 with powerstrip.

my car is such a mess now. i'm driving everywhere with all my dash board out in the seats. (

this is really a painful lesson.

Comment

You absolutely have to have 800x480??? I run 800x600. I can't set up my external monitor as primary either, nor do I need to. It works fine just as if your laptop was docked. Close the lid and the laptop screen turns off, and the external output is on. ??
                Fabricator

Comment

Isnt 800x600 a little distorted on a 16:9 screen?

Comment

Originally posted by Altimat
                    You absolutely have to have 800x480??? I run 800x600. I can't set up my external monitor as primary either, nor do I need to. It works fine just as if your laptop was docked. Close the lid and the laptop screen turns off, and the external output is on. ??

running the naive resolution of the lcd will always give you the best display quality. mine is running at 640x480 now, and it seems okay. but i will need to find a way to get a 800x480 signal to feed it some how.

it does seem like many laptop suport customization resolution. the wide screen laptop are too expensive. i hate to build a box because of the power supply issues.

Comment

Originally posted by eCarô
                      Isnt 800x600 a little distorted on a 16:9 screen?
                      Not noticeably.
                      Fabricator

Comment

Not noticeably.
                        Well it wasn't until you pointed it out!
                        Fabricator

Comment

Talking to yourself again Altimat ?
                          [H]4 Life
                          My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                          It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                          I'm a lesbian too.
                          I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
                            Talking to yourself again Altimat ?
                            Yup going a little crazy with IRQL not less than or equal BSODs - maybe I should sleep....
                            Fabricator

Comment

IRQL not less than or equal BSODs
                              DON'T EVER SAY THOSE WORDS AROUND ME AGAIN !
                              [H]4 Life
                              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                              I'm a lesbian too.
                              I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
                              X