psone LCD pinout...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psone LCD pinout...

I've been looking at information abotu the RGB mod to the psone LCD. Does anyone have more detailed information about the pinout for the video connector?

On the board where the thing is mounted are a bunch of contacts, I'd like to just run leads off of those, but mpro's instructions aren't very detailed...

I will post a write up this weekend on how I did mine.....still not finished but here is a teaser

Comment

this might help http://www.gamesx.com/avpinouts/psxav.htm

Originally posted by therealeric
      I've been looking at information abotu the RGB mod to the psone LCD. Does anyone have more detailed information about the pinout for the video connector?

On the board where the thing is mounted are a bunch of contacts, I'd like to just run leads off of those, but mpro's instructions aren't very detailed...

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by mymojo68
        Looks like thats what I needed; haven't had a chance to try it yet - but thanks in advance.

Comment

Here's details on the mod i did:
          http://nakoruru.rudora.net/serio/data/PSOneLCD.pdf
          http://nakoruru.rudora.net/serio/sero_lcd.htm

Comment

Originally posted by starfox
            So for your mod, an additional circut is required? Its not just soldering some wires and connectors?

Comment

Originally posted by therealeric
              So for your mod, an additional circut is required? Its not just soldering some wires and connectors?

the way I did mine, which combines Serio's and M Pro's guides, did not need any resistors or extra circuits.

Comment

MPros and mine (serio) are more or less the same, they're both just straight through VGA connections, except the composite sync circuits are different. The main difference is in the timings as MPro's is NTSC and mine is PAL.

if your video card supports csync out on the hsync pin, just wire that through.
                if your video card doesn't support csync, you can either use a resistor as a dodgey hack to get a csync, or use a xor gate (which is also a dodgey hack) to get a csync like signal.

I favoured using an xor gate because it's slightly safer as the sum of the two shouldn't exceed the vga voltage spec if you use a good power supply.
                (On a side note, i still need to try varying the voltage that goes into the XOR....)

You *can* be dodgey and just join the hsync and vsync pins together, but you'll be assuming that the hsync and vsync signals from the video card are buffered and you'll also be assuming that the device that you're sending the signal to is tolerant of an over voltaged signal. It might be okay to do this for psone lcds, but i just prefer to play it safe.

Comment

Originally posted by starfox
                  MPros and mine (serio) are more or less the same, they're both just straight through VGA connections, except the composite sync circuits are different. The main difference is in the timings as MPro's is NTSC and mine is PAL.
                  Just to check, just the timings are different; the wiring is the same?

Comment

Working...
                  X