Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screen shots of the TM-702L. Why would you go VGA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen shots of the TM-702L. Why would you go VGA?

Here are some screen shots of the TM-702L that I am going to start supplying. I set the resolution on the computer to 800x600 and I think this screen is awesome. I got it from the manufacturer in China and they told me it has the panasonic panel. It also has the new feature of having a blue screen when no video source is present.

What do you think?
    Attached Files

i can tell the resolution isn't all the good. it looks like you have the font and icon size enlarged from normal. running gps software will be a *****.. also with media engine.. i can tell its blown up as well because you can only see 6 artists at a time. with my xenarc screen i can see about 13.

James

Comment

This actually doesn't look that bad, but VGA's resolution and clarity will be much better. When it comes down to it, the reason people go analog instead of VGA is cost...if you can afford to go VGA, go for it, if not, the TM-702L looks like a good alternative. How much will you be selling them for?

p.s. I noticed that in the 2nd picture there was a MediaCar icon, any pics of MediaCar running on the TM-702L?

Comment

I totally agree that VGA is better, but when icon size and font size are larger this monitor does the job for me.

siueclipse - Yes, I do have the font and icon size enlarged and the resolultion large, but for me I think it is good enough. I need to try it with GPS, but you are probably right, it will be tough to see.

StratusPh34r - I've added some screen shots of MediaCar. I couldn't get a good shot, but these will have to do for now. I think I'm going to sell these for around $250 shipped. I'll be getting a shipment at the end of the month.
        Attached Files

Comment

These are 7" correct? That would be kinda high concidering you can get a lilliput for $300 with touchscreen and VGA or a CAR 7" LCD MONITOR
          Panasonic (EDTCB18QCF)LCD Panel from Digital World Wide for $200... Just a thought..

Comment

So whats the dea? Are these in dash lcd's? The picture is nice but I'd like to see some more shots of the outside of the monitor.

Comment

Sorry for the lack of detail. The screens are in-dash. I've attached a couple of pictures of the housing. These monitors look exactly like DigitalWW TM701L, which he sells for $245 shipped. Here are more spec,

* Screen Size: 7 inch(Diagonal length)
              * Display Method: TFT Active matrix system
              * System: PAL or NTSC
              * Back light: Cold cathode filament tube
              * Power supply: DC12V
              Attached Files

Comment

Ahhhhhhh That makes a WORLD of differance... I was not aware they were in dash models... I retract my original opinion bout the price... Now if they were only Touchscreen

Comment

You are joining the party a little late . This is definitely one of the best 7" composite screens out there. All because of the high resolution Panasonic panel. Hundreds of people use our TM-701L + TSK monitor as their main screen. Thanks to MediaEngine and MediaCar and all the other front-end programs, it (monitor) is even better.

Armen

Originally posted by audrenaline
                  Here are some screen shots of the TM-702L that I am going to start supplying. I set the resolution on the computer to 800x600 and I think this screen is awesome. I got it from the manufacturer in China and they told me it has the panasonic panel. It also has the new feature of having a blue screen when no video source is present.

What do you think?
                  http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

They are: http://www.digitalww.com/LCD_TM_701L_BLACK.htm

Armen
                    Originally posted by Twizted
                    Now if they were only Touchscreen

Comment

I like that unit you have there... how would you compair it to a Lilliput 619GL-70NP (XGA) withTouchscreen?

BTW the customer installs button you have... Is that a Nissan Pulsar in the picture.. Sure looks like one... Thats what my Carputer will be going in .... 87 Nissan Pulsar NX SE..... Didnt see it in the gallery though...

Comment

You can't really compare these two monitors. Lilliput is VGA and TM-701L is a composite. But like a said before, TM-701L is a really good monitor.

That car is Chrysler Conquest/Mitsubishi Starion 87-89. Here is mine (the red one): http://www.digitalww.com/Conquest/index.html

I actually have 2 of them

Armen
                        P.S. Letís not hijack audrenaline thread

Originally posted by Twizted
                        I like that unit you have there... how would you compair it to a Lilliput 619GL-70NP (XGA) withTouchscreen?

BTW the customer installs button you have... Is that a Nissan Pulsar in the picture.. Sure looks like one... Thats what my Carputer will be going in .... 87 Nissan Pulsar NX SE..... Didnt see it in the gallery though...

Comment

audrenaline,

I'm leaning towards a monitor with VGA but this looks interesting...

I'm checking out all of my options before I start buying is there a web site that I can go to check out what you got?
                          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63760

Comment

Just be careful with the supplier as there was a lot of these TM702L's being sold that DIDN'T come with the Panasonic panel fitted. The one I have sitting in a cupboard has the Sharp panel fitted and its only capable of a crappy 440xRGBx234. It makes so much difference and hence why I have the lilliput VGA now.

I would sum up that these TM702L's are a halfway house between other composite screens and a VGA setup as they have the Panel capable of VGA Resolution 800xRGBx480 but with a composite input controller i.e cost reduction from a fully VGA one. Yes you lose definition but its still better than other composite screens out there.
                            My CarPC install piccies http://www.celica-club.co.uk/cgi-bin...at=561&thumb=1

Comment

Armen, Thanks man. Also, I've been looking everywhere for a starion in my area, and the only one I know is a kid's who can't sell it. But there appears to be hope for the Conquest LOL. Thanks for pointing that out.
                              My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
                              2 Kicker Comp 10"
                              Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
                              Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
                              Check it out?!

Comment

Working...
                              X