No announcement yet.

T-View T700VGA in direct sun light action - second thought - now recommended

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-View T700VGA in direct sun light action - second thought - now recommended

reference to my project here i was not please with the brightness of this vga monitor because i thought that it would not be possible to view it in direct sunlight.

however, the sun came out today, and i had a chance to play with it in direct sunlight. i thought glare or viewing in sunlight would be a big problem or impossible, however, the screen was design to be used outdoor, so it doesnt reflect as much light. it looks pretty good in sunlight actually, and it look better, and brighter than my laptop display, but indoor, my laptop is still brighter.

here is a pic where the sun hit the screen at about 60 degree angle. it actually look pretty good.

Looks great.
    SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
    GPSing - Digital Speedo
    Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
    Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

nice... looks like you're in the bay area too
      Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
      Mods: Yep
      Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

Where did you get the screen?
        '01 4runner ░ P3 866 ░ 128mb ░ 20gb HD ░ Radeon 9200SE PCI ░ SB PCI ░ Slim DVD/CD-RW ░ USB GPS ░ 7" Lilli vga TS ░ XP Pro ░ MC ░ Routis '04
        ForemostWebHosting
        SpeedGuyParts.com

Comment

He probably got it on eBay but we also have this LCD: http://www.digitalww.com/VGA_TM_700VGA.htm

Armen

Originally posted by sabre
          Where did you get the screen?
          http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

i think thats the route im going to go. the 700vga and in-dash housing. I assume I could put a TSK on anytime in the future or would I have to take it apart again?
            '01 4runner ░ P3 866 ░ 128mb ░ 20gb HD ░ Radeon 9200SE PCI ░ SB PCI ░ Slim DVD/CD-RW ░ USB GPS ░ 7" Lilli vga TS ░ XP Pro ░ MC ░ Routis '04
            ForemostWebHosting
            SpeedGuyParts.com

Comment

Yourbigfun,

Do you have a touchscreen overlay on your screen? Also, how does it look from the driver's viewing angle?
              MikeH

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                Yourbigfun,

Do you have a touchscreen overlay on your screen? Also, how does it look from the driver's viewing angle?

it looks okay from the driver angle. it doesnt look great, and it doesnt look bad. with the limited choices out there, this will have to do for the momment. this time last year, we didnt really have any choices at all, so i think this time next year, there should be many small vga out, and we will have many choices. the tview do not come with touch.

Comment

Working...
                X