5v 300ma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5v 300ma

i bought a touch sceen that connect to the serial port and it need a 12v power sourse. i got in contact with the company and one of their tech people and he told me the i can connect it to any sourse in athe car, that it can be connected to 9~14v that it has a power regulator the drop the power to 5v 300ma, now i forgot to ask them what kind of fuse i should use.. can one has and idea to this. b/c they are close right now and i'm dying to try it already ...
    98.8 complete
    95 chevy blazer s10

Kalito,

You can probably get away without a fuse if you connect to a source inside the car. Otherwise, if you feel safer with a fuse, a 2-5A should be fine. All you are trying to do is prevent an electrical fire if you short out the wire going to you screen.
    MikeH

Comment

out of curiosity, who's touchscreen controller?
      car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

i don't really know i got it from touchwindows.com it's a 13.3 laptop screen it's separeted from the rest of the laptop with a 6feet home made extention
        98.8 complete
        95 chevy blazer s10

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
          Kalito,

You can probably get away without a fuse if you connect to a source inside the car. Otherwise, if you feel safer with a fuse, a 2-5A should be fine. All you are trying to do is prevent an electrical fire if you short out the wire going to you screen.
          well i'm trying to preven the controller from frying if any mistake happen can never be to sure!
          98.8 complete
          95 chevy blazer s10

Comment

Working...
          X