Xenarc 700TS and Epia Mainboard?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc 700TS and Epia Mainboard?

I've just taken delivery on a Xenarc 700TS - 7" USB Touch Screen LCD Monitor with VGA input which I will be using with an VIA Epia Mini-ITX 800 mainboard which has a Trident Video Accelerator Blade 3D/ProMedia video adapter. What do I need to do to make these work together optimally?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer!

when you connect your Xenarc to your mobo and install an OS (whatever XP or linux) try to set the resolution to 848x480 and frequency 75, or 85 Hz, that would be good.
    '93 Opel Vectra A with Custom Dash with 7" lilliput
    VoomPC/M1-ATX/M10K/256 RAM/20GB 2,5' HDD/Gemtek USB Radio/WinLite/RoadRunner
    http://zvi.home.ge/pics/?dir=vextra

Comment

Is 848x480 a native resolution for that video card, or you need to configure it using some external application like PowerStrip?
      - My project would be in the works right now...
      - (sorry for my english :o)

Comment

Well...considering that the Xenarc displays are only 800x480 pixels, 848x480, IMO, looks like ***.

I personally run 800x600, and get the display to squash it up, and it looks pretty darn good Also, I use MediaCar with my skin which is designed for 800x600 viewed on a 7" widescreen display

Garry
        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
          Well...considering that the Xenarc displays are only 800x480 pixels, 848x480, IMO, looks like ***.

I personally run 800x600, and get the display to squash it up, and it looks pretty darn good Also, I use MediaCar with my skin which is designed for 800x600 viewed on a 7" widescreen display

Garry
          What do U mean for "squash it up"?

Is 800x480 a resolution selectable natively on EPIA video card?
          - My project would be in the works right now...
          - (sorry for my english :o)

Comment

800X480 is NOT a native resolution for the Epia video card. At the moment I'm running 600X800 which looks good except for the distortion. I think I'll do some playing with PowerStrip. Does the shareware version of PowerStrip have full functionality?

Comment

mechrekt,

I mean that I am running 800x600, and the 600 pixels get displayed on the 480 pixels available on the screen. The human eye can't really tell as much when things are squashed in the vertical plane as much as the horizontal plane (well...my human eyes anyway )

The Epia boards do not support any custom resolutions in PowerStrip, which pretty much sucks. Which is why I am still running 800x600

Garry
              Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
              www.aimee.cc

Comment

yes, 800x480 is the native res for the screen, but I have setup my PCI GeForce2 to this resolution (yes,, shareware Powerstrip works fully, on normal video cards, on VIA's no) and it is a crap, because font looks like it looses some vertical lines and letters have no similar thickness in diferrent places (my monitor on screen menu has "clock" I played, and it changes something, I dont know why, but maybe that can help with this?)... on 848x480 it looks OK!! though 848 gives a bit contracted image, but I think personally, that better to have 848x480 than 800x600, first one gives less disorder of image.
                On VIA's video, is impossible (at this moment, at least) to have custom resolution, as I suppose because of bad drivers (hardware, said, does support 848x480). and Powerstrip is not giving option to setup custom res.
                '93 Opel Vectra A with Custom Dash with 7" lilliput
                VoomPC/M1-ATX/M10K/256 RAM/20GB 2,5' HDD/Gemtek USB Radio/WinLite/RoadRunner
                http://zvi.home.ge/pics/?dir=vextra

Comment

Working...
                X