Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recognizing Thrustmaster PSOne

Hi PSOne Modders,

Iīm glad to have my Thrustmaster PSOne Screen connected to my PC with a reasonable picture. Iīve tested all the different modīs, but only MPROīs one has worked (in NTSC-Mode, the Screen is switcheable). Now my next problem is to get it recognized by the graphics card. Iīve tested it with three different cards:

ATI Radeon 7500
    ATI 9800SE AIW
    Matrox Mystique 220 PCI

I have connected PINs 4+11 (VGA) to PIN 8 (Thrustmaster), but that didnīt work. Has anybody connected his Thrustmaster Screen to one of the cards above and if yes, how ? ? ?

Thankīs a lot upfront for your support

Bonzo

Clarification Please...

Do you mean recognized as a secondary display? I have the official Sony LCD, and haven't had a problem with the display coming on as a single display with a Matrox Mystique (not sure which model) had problems with clarity on the display though. If secondary card, have you tried putting +5 into the LCD from the video card?

Originally posted by bonzo206
    Hi PSOne Modders,

Iīm glad to have my Thrustmaster PSOne Screen connected to my PC with a reasonable picture. Iīve tested all the different modīs, but only MPROīs one has worked (in NTSC-Mode, the Screen is switcheable). Now my next problem is to get it recognized by the graphics card. Iīve tested it with three different cards:

ATI Radeon 7500
    ATI 9800SE AIW
    Matrox Mystique 220 PCI

I have connected PINs 4+11 (VGA) to PIN 8 (Thrustmaster), but that didnīt work. Has anybody connected his Thrustmaster Screen to one of the cards above and if yes, how ? ? ?

Thankīs a lot upfront for your support

Bonzo

Comment

If I connect the Thrustmaster to the AIW or 7500 as secondary, I see a picture on the screen, but the configuration of the card (properties/enhanced/view), where I could setup the different connections (VGA, TV, DVI) says, that no monitor is connected and therefore I couldnīt set up a different resolution to the display.

I hope this describes my problem a little more

Thankīs again for your help

Bonzo

Comment

Sorry I'm not gonna be much help on this one. I haven't set mine up as a secondary. I've been setting it up as a single display on a Matrox G200 (originally used a Matrox Mystique but I think there was a problem with that card because it worked but there was some kind of horizontal scan freq. problem that made the image not clear). To work with LCD as an only monitor w/o worring about losing the whole shooting match if it went out of sync, I've been viewing the computer it is on throught XP Pro's remote desktop control on my main computer. Regarding the LCD as a secondary I think FoxPro was saying that he had to hook up a regular monitor for the card to detect, and then switch it with the LCD. I've had no problem using the LCD as a primary though. Everything up until powerstrip loads is squirrly looking but I understand there is a BIOS mod I can do on the Matrox G200 that will put it in a permanant 15Hz setup, so I should be able to see MB BIOS settings etc with the LCD. Best of luck to you!

Originally posted by bonzo206
        If I connect the Thrustmaster to the AIW or 7500 as secondary, I see a picture on the screen, but the configuration of the card (properties/enhanced/view), where I could setup the different connections (VGA, TV, DVI) says, that no monitor is connected and therefore I couldnīt set up a different resolution to the display.

I hope this describes my problem a little more

Thankīs again for your help

Bonzo

Comment

Did you get it to work with the ATI Radeon 9800??

I have same problem. but i only have one card so i cant realy test it. im stil unsure if it is connectet the right way. So im planning on building the conposite converter and then use it in that way.
          or buy me a sony display

but it would be vary nice if anyone could give some support on the thrustmaster display.

Comment

Before you build the composite converter download powerstip first and see if the card supports it.

My Radeon on the compaq evo n1000v support composite so I guess your one should as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky327
              Before you build the composite converter download powerstip first and see if the card supports it.

My Radeon on the compaq evo n1000v support composite so I guess your one should as well.
              It has s-video out. so it should work??

my card is a Shappire radeon 9800 pro 128mb ram with the old r350 chip

Comment

I use an Nvidia Geforce4 MX440 and mine works just fine.

I am confused by your post a little though...

You say you're happy that you have it working with the PC, then you say you can't get the graphics card to recognize it. What exactly is going on here?

You should install Powerstrip and try it. I think what you're saying is your PC doesn't see your LCD connected to your secondary vid, so you can't change the resolution. Is that correct? If so, what were you using to change the resolution/timings anyway?

Powerstrip is probably the answer.
                Tidder

Try RevFE
                The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

As far as your problem wrath, I think I've seen something about video card not detecting a display plugged in, so it doesn't send video signal. Do a search on it...

I'll search a little too.
                  Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

I have tested my card and i can run 2 monitors on one card but cant get the freeking display to work at all. If it works at all i dont know.

Ill redo my wires later this evning and se if it works. else im buying the parts fr the convertor tomorrow and see if that helps me.

btw. what settings should i run in powerstrip if i run the display from tv-out?

Comment

Hacked PSOne LCD w/Touchscreen ??? wtf ??

dont even own a car

Comment

If you're using the tv-out to get the signal to your PSone screen, you don't need any powerstrip settings at all. You can just use windows. Powerstrip is just for the special timings with the VGA hack.

Originally posted by Wrath-
                        Hacked PSOne LCD w/Touchscreen ??? wtf ??
                        What's so wtf about that?
                        Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

you have 2 screens ? "w/Touchscreen" or is your psone lcd realy with touch ??

Comment

But to use the s-video out for my thrustmaster i need that converter? or can i just hook it up.

Damn i hope i havent burned my lcd of in any ways

i have rewired it about 10 times and tryed to swith around pin 1 and 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath-
                              you have 2 screens ? "w/Touchscreen" or is your psone lcd realy with touch ??
                              PSone screen is really touchscreen. Bought an overlay from digitalww.

You'll probably need an S-video to rca adapter to hook up your screen to your card.

Does the thrustmaster have composite input, or are you gonna have to solder something?
                              Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

Working...
                              X