Dropped LCD Panel and now it doesn't work. =(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped LCD Panel and now it doesn't work. =(

I dropped my LCD panel last night (Lilliput) do to a stupid mistake and now it does not display anything. Anyone have an idea as to what, if anything, can be done? I just dropped the actual front panel itself without the case, circuit board, or anything else attached to it. There are no physical signs of damage, but when powered up it doesn't do anything. No messages on the screen(like "VGA" or "No Signal") or anything. Just black.

Ideas?

Originally posted by unsavory
    I dropped my LCD panel last night (Lilliput) do to a stupid mistake and now it does not display anything. Anyone have an idea as to what, if anything, can be done? I just dropped the actual front panel itself without the case, circuit board, or anything else attached to it. There are no physical signs of damage, but when powered up it doesn't do anything. No messages on the screen(like "VGA" or "No Signal") or anything. Just black.

Ideas?

Sorry to hear about what happened! From what you described, it sounds like you dropped the LCD panel, and it is now broken.... I would suggest finding a new panel...perhaps from digitalww.com
    Project "Media-Z" : 99 Camaro Z28 (Click to View)

Comment

I would take a look at the flat cable that connects to the LCD. From reading posts on this board, it sounds like it sometimes comes loose. You could be lucky that it is just a loose connection.

Comment

Yeah that would be nice, however the cable was not attached at the time the panel was dropped. So that can't be it.

Comment

So I took it apart and the backlight is broken. Don't suppose anyone knows where I can get one?

Comment

Working...
          X