Lilliput Touchscreen problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput Touchscreen problem

My touchscreen works only when I start my carputer first time. After a while stops working. I do not think is a driver issue. Anyone?

How is it connected? Directly to the computer... through a USB hub, or through a USB extension cable.

If you hook it directly to the USB port w/ out hubs or extension cables does it work fine?

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and touchscreen software?

Has it ever worked properly? If so when, have you tried running xp's system restore to that point? (Start--> All programs --> Accessories --> System tools -->System restore) in XP and ME only

Have you installed any new hardware or software recently and if so what? if so remove it.

Also is it heat related?

I can go on forever but I think that this will keep you busy for a little while!!!
    New CarPC on the way again I think. I miss my old one!!!

Comment

Thanks for your help.
      It seems that when the car is cold the touchscreen works just fine. Then after 15 minuts of driving the touchscreen won't work anymore. Connections are fine and drivers should be ok (because it works!) I hooked it up to the mainboard and thru an hub (not powered) with same result. I am using media engine + delorme (is there any way to make delorme work on the gps button?)
      I'll try the restore point trick...

Originally posted by R3l0ad
      How is it connected? Directly to the computer... through a USB hub, or through a USB extension cable.

If you hook it directly to the USB port w/ out hubs or extension cables does it work fine?

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and touchscreen software?

Has it ever worked properly? If so when, have you tried running xp's system restore to that point? (Start--> All programs --> Accessories --> System tools -->System restore) in XP and ME only

Have you installed any new hardware or software recently and if so what? if so remove it.

Also is it heat related?

I can go on forever but I think that this will keep you busy for a little while!!!

Comment

Update:
        The temperature cannot be because today I was running my car with the heater off and it did the same
        I still have to try the restore point trick and see if there is enough power to support the usb ports....

Originally posted by BUGNESS
        Thanks for your help.
        It seems that when the car is cold the touchscreen works just fine. Then after 15 minuts of driving the touchscreen won't work anymore. Connections are fine and drivers should be ok (because it works!) I hooked it up to the mainboard and thru an hub (not powered) with same result. I am using media engine + delorme (is there any way to make delorme work on the gps button?)
        I'll try the restore point trick...

Comment

I've got the same problem. Touchscreen works fine for about 10 Minutes, then it stops working. Any solution found for this problem ?

Comment

Check the touchscreen flat cable. It may be a little loose.

Comment

I checked the cable but i still have the same problem ! Any suggestions ?

thx
              Jan

Comment

Examine your ribbon cable carefully. I had one of my friends who is studying engineering check mine out and he found a small break in mine. I ordered a replacement cable from www.digitalww.com and all is well now. Just my .02!

Comment

Did you convert your lilliput to indash?..if so get back to me otherwise I don't know.
                  Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

Hi. I checked all cables again today and found out that the left one on the picture (i don't know the name in english) was defect. I tried the cable of a friend and touchscreen works fine now. Thanks for your help, Car-PC Project is near completion now .

Greetings from Germany,
                    funt4stic

Comment

Working...
                    X