Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.4 and 10.4 flip down screens

Hi folks,

I have found a source for 8.4 and 10.4 overhead console flip-down VGA screens, which I'm sure I could add a TS to.

Would anyone want such an animal???

thanks,

-Mike

Some more details would help, then we may be able to anwer you question. Things like cost, resolution, brightness?
    A link would be even better where we could actully see the screens.
    Installed
    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quattro-A4
      Some more details would help, then we may be able to anwer you question. Things like cost, resolution, brightness?
      A link would be even better where we could actully see the screens.
      Sorry, I was in a hurry when I posted this. The mfr does not have these new items on their site yet, and as far as price, that would depend if I upgraded them to touchscreen or not. With out the touchscreen the 8.4 will be in the 350-400 range, and the 10.4 would be in the 450-500 range. both come with integrated dome light, IR transmitter for IR headphones, remote control, 1 VGA, 1 video, and have 800x600 native res. the biggest problem I see is the brightness level. First answer from the mfr was 200db? , if they mean cd/m2 and that is the correct rating, they may not be bright enough. but if there is enough intrest, I would order a sample for testing. However, since I have only received one response, It looks like there is little interest in roof mount flip-top vga screens.

Do you have to host pics elsewhere on the net to show them here? Or is there a picture post section? If so, I can post the pics.

-Mike

Comment

Resurrecting this thread.
        Any information available now?

Comment

yeah, it was only 2 1/2 years ago

today these things have got to be all over the place...
          MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

You'd think so, but I can't find them anywhere!
            See my thread: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78401

Comment

dear all,
              I can help those who want to get , but tell me more detail.
              I work in one backlight manufactuere and fortunately get some freinds about LCD/LCM ,Panel and sreen . For i am not the professional for this , so if you need my help ,pls tell me more than i ask freinds for source.
              Thank you!

Comment

hmmm, I woulda thought.... guess I never really looked...

have you considered mounting a laptop upside down?

either that, or as others have suggested just get a used 10.4 cheap, then re-gut it... I have a 15.2" widescreen dropdown & was considering my options to have that used with a pc, but decided to just add seperate screens in the rear seats instead, although I did consider using a widescreen laptop to redo the overhead...

Comment

Yes, I'm still considering re-gutting (as seen in my thread), but I would like to see if there is anything available that will work out of the box, with the most modifications having to be done being a touchscreen overlay.

Comment

I am pretty sure that xenarc makes vga flip downs, possibly even touchscreen.

Icon-tv has a full line of of vga flip downs, NON touchscreen, 7" to 17".

Also don't let the msrp on there website freak you out, its way over inflated!
                    Jay Oliphant
                    Owner/Installer

Drive Customs: Car Audio, Video & Restyling
                    San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

http://www.drivecustoms.com

Comment

I am pretty sure that xenarc makes vga flip downs, possibly even touchscreen.
                      Yeah, but NOT in ~10". Read a lil' more carefully next time

Icon-tv has a full line of of vga flip downs, NON touchscreen, 7" to 17".

Also don't let the msrp on there website freak you out, its way over inflated!
                      Took a look at the Icon TV stuff, but am not sure of it's reliability/quality. Will search for reviews.

Also, I'm in Aus, so those figures look twice as scary over here

Comment

icon is good stuff.... it may look a little cheesy, but from what I've seen they use good actual components... my 15.2" dropdown is icon & it looks great... 170deg viewing angle & about 400 nit brightness... I was afraid of icon too, but seeing the display I'm real happy with it... there plastics are cheap though & my latch broke to hold up the screen soon after I got it.... been too lazy to fix it though...

Comment

Well, if you say they're good, I'll believe it. Judging by your install I'd say you've done your research on screens
                          Still looking around for an out-of-the-box option though, but it's looking less and less likely.

Comment

You have to realize that they are the most award winning Video company in the world. That tells you alot about them, don't you think? They don't just give awards for products to just anyone.

Comment

Working...
                            X