Xenarc issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc issues

I recently bought a damaged xenarc unit. The previous owner had broken off the flimsy little video input receptacle. No biggie. I soldered it back onto the board and used ABS hot glue on the edges to keep the thing planted. Everything worked fine. I put it back in the case, threw it in my car and drove around for a couple of hours.

Today, I take the display out of the case to start molding it into my dash. I get the front bezel molded in and place the monitor into the housing. I plug power and video in and I don't even get the "Portable Display" splash screen anymore. The power LED stays on and none of the buttons tend to function.

Help! I can't figure it out.

bump!

Comment

Can anybody offer ANY help? Even links to places that carry parts for the GAIN boards, schematics to the GAIN boards, ANYTHING at all would be appreciated.

Comment

Is the touchscreen board plugged in? Is the backlight inverter board shorting out on the main board? Is the little ribbon cable between the display and main board plugged in properly?

Garry
        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

Is the touch screen USB? Can you take a picture of the way your touch screen controller is connected to the controller board? The white connector on the touch controller has 5 pins but the little wire cable has 4. They need to be connected in a certain way. Other wise it will do what you're describing. Also another way to test the VGA board is to unplug everything from the controller (VGA) and connect it to 12V. The LED should come one and in a few seconds it will start blinking (stand by mode). If it does that then it should be OK.

This could also be a more serious problem. I have new controllers but they are not cheap.

Armen

Originally posted by Shadow
          I recently bought a damaged xenarc unit. The previous owner had broken off the flimsy little video input receptacle. No biggie. I soldered it back onto the board and used ABS hot glue on the edges to keep the thing planted. Everything worked fine. I put it back in the case, threw it in my car and drove around for a couple of hours.

Today, I take the display out of the case to start molding it into my dash. I get the front bezel molded in and place the monitor into the housing. I plug power and video in and I don't even get the "Portable Display" splash screen anymore. The power LED stays on and none of the buttons tend to function.

Help! I can't figure it out.
          http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

Originally posted by digitalww
            Is the touch screen USB? Can you take a picture of the way your touch screen controller is connected to the controller board? The white connector on the touch controller has 5 pins but the little wire cable has 4. They need to be connected in a certain way. Other wise it will do what you're describing. Also another way to test the VGA board is to unplug everything from the controller (VGA) and connect it to 12V. The LED should come one and in a few seconds it will start blinking (stand by mode). If it does that then it should be OK.

This could also be a more serious problem. I have new controllers but they are not cheap.

Armen

I didn't change ANYTHING as far as connections go. The video input connector may have come loose.

Armen, the screen does what you said. It'll go into sleep mode just like it's got video on the board. If I hit the source button, it'll stay solid and then go to sleep mode again. If I unplug the touchscreen controller from the main board, what will happen?

I'll try to take pictures later.

Comment

Armen, if I'm looking at the top of the touchscreen PCB with the black connector at the top, the plug is skipping the left connector in the white plug.

Comment

Yes

so it sits all the way to the right.

Armen

Armen, if I'm looking at the top of the touchscreen PCB with the black connector at the top, the plug is skipping the left connector in the white plug.

Comment

so what should I check? the video input connector?

Comment

From your post above it sounds like it is working. When you attach the LCD panel and the inverter it stops working?

so what should I check? the video input connector?

Comment

it acts EXACTLY like it should, but I get no video at all. I still don't get the "Portable Display" splash.

Comment

Then it is either the LCD or the inverter. Do you have a voltmeter to test the inverter?

it acts EXACTLY like it should, but I get no video at all. I still don't get the "Portable Display" splash.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalww
                          Then it is either the LCD or the inverter. Do you have a voltmeter to test the inverter?

Yup. What should it test and where/how should I test it? I know the pink and white wires are output and I believe they're supposed to be AC voltage.

Comment

bump

Comment

to the top! It's still not workin!

Comment

Working...
                              X