lcd brightness modification?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lcd brightness modification?

from reading other threads it is my understanding that the brigthness of an lcd is determined by the ccfl (cold cathode flourescent lights) that backlight the tft.

is that true?

if that is true then is it possible to make an lcd brighter by changing or adding more ccfl backlighting?

source for cold cathodes and inverters

I was tooling around on google and found this... I dunno exactly what they do to achieve a brighter display but you could email them about it I guess.

"ultrabright option for all xenarc tft lcd monitors"

http://www.spysupply007.com/LCD_Scre...trabright.html
    2002 Subaru WRX - Silver
    -FP18G turbo
    -Walbro fuel pump
    -Modified OEM 840 CC Injectors
    -TurboXS: UTEC, turboback, uppipe, intake
    -Blitz FMIC
    -STI cluster
    -17"x7.5" SSR Competitions
    -Tein Flex coilovers
    -NOS 50 shot
    -2004 rear conversion

Comment

yes please email and keep us posted
      Alex
      90 300zx twinturbo conversion
      Epia C3, 512 ram, syntax mobo, 80 gig WD, Mediacar, GPS w/Routis, all behind drivers seat, 7in Lcd Lilliput VGA with Touch, wireless adapter for stumbling, Consult ODB1 adapter and data scanner.

Comment

This is the regular modification done by Xenarc. It is near the bottom of the page.

Comment

think it'll work with the lilliput?
          Alex
          90 300zx twinturbo conversion
          Epia C3, 512 ram, syntax mobo, 80 gig WD, Mediacar, GPS w/Routis, all behind drivers seat, 7in Lcd Lilliput VGA with Touch, wireless adapter for stumbling, Consult ODB1 adapter and data scanner.

Comment

They change the screen, you have to send it in. I don't think that they will take a Liliput. They don't even take Gain (Xenarc) screens bought at an unauthorized dealer.

Originally posted by spyhunter
            this it'll work with the lilliput?

Comment

Hmm... they also mention that they put an anti-reflective coating on the screen when you order the ultrabrightness option. I dunno if it's all worth an additional $195 but it looks promising if you can get a good deal on your xenarc.
              2002 Subaru WRX - Silver
              -FP18G turbo
              -Walbro fuel pump
              -Modified OEM 840 CC Injectors
              -TurboXS: UTEC, turboback, uppipe, intake
              -Blitz FMIC
              -STI cluster
              -17"x7.5" SSR Competitions
              -Tein Flex coilovers
              -NOS 50 shot
              -2004 rear conversion

Comment

thanks for the replies

but what do you guys think?

are they just adding more lights? or are they changing the light that is already in there to a different brighter one? or are changing the inverter to one that has higher voltage output?

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by theomms
                    thanks for the replies

but what do you guys think?

are they just adding more lights? or are they changing the light that is already in there to a different brighter one? or are changing the inverter to one that has higher voltage output?
                    Any or all of the above, I'd say.

I'm no expert, but as I understand it, the LCD has to have enough contrast ratio for the extra light. Too much light with a weak contrast ratio, and you can't display black anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by eCarô
                      Any or all of the above, I'd say.

I'm no expert, but as I understand it, the LCD has to have enough contrast ratio for the extra light. Too much light with a weak contrast ratio, and you can't display black anymore.

that makes sense; if the light is too bright it will just shine through. i guess i will just a have to try it out.

i am gonna buy an NEC NL6448AC33-29 10.4 lcd (i think). that lcd has a contrast ratio of 150:1. is that good?

i am assuming that the higher the constrat ratio the blacker the black will be allowing me to increase the NIT output. does anybody know if 150:1 contrast ratio is high or low or normal? i have no other reference.

eCarô do you know the constrast ratio of your allbright screen?

Comment

Originally posted by theomms
                        that makes sense; if the light is too bright it will just shine through. i guess i will just a have to try it out.

i am gonna buy an NEC NL6448AC33-29 10.4 lcd (i think). that lcd has a contrast ratio of 150:1. is that good?

i am assuming that the higher the constrat ratio the blacker the black will be allowing me to increase the NIT output. does anybody know if 150:1 contrast ratio is high or low or normal? i have no other reference.

eCarô do you know the constrast ratio of your allbright screen?
                        150:1 is on the low end. Mine is 300:1. The highest I've seen (I think) was 500:1.

Comment

My panel is the NEC NL8060BC26-17. You can find NEC specs here.

Comment

if they jaus add more light!!! can we just do the same? we can contact one of those companies the make the gauges with the backlihjt ... and ask them if the can make one in a size of the screan and attach it to the back of the screan itseft... since it cames with a dimmer you can turn it up or down as desire.... possible or not possible?
                            98.8 complete
                            95 chevy blazer s10

Comment

Working...
                            X