nec nl6448ac20-02 update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nec nl6448ac20-02 update

well, i finally got my display workin on the computer :0. it's pretty sweet, besides the fact that some colors r weird since i hooked up a 12bit rgb display to a 18bit output lol. oh well. it still goes for $25 or so on ebay, so it's a really good priced display, however its limited to 4096 colors. i just wanted 2 say that if anyone needs the pinout of this display for hookin it up 2 a 12bit interface. i can show ya what i did to hook it up 2 a 18bit interface, but it's definately not the best way to go. if anyone's got small 7" or smaller TFT 18bit displays they wouldn't mind sellin, i'd be willing to possibly buy one now i just gotta get the pcb laid out for the winamp control :/
    National Geode 233 MMX, Homemade 5V/12V DC-DC Converter, 6.5" TFT LCD w/ Touchscreen, Motorola Oncore GT+ GPS w/ Routis, Netgear 802.11 w/ External Antenna, IBM Travelstar 10gig HD, Homemade Serial Infrared receiver, Homemade Small Serial Trackball

Originally posted by awh4992
    well, i finally got my display workin on the computer :0. it's pretty sweet, besides the fact that some colors r weird since i hooked up a 12bit rgb display to a 18bit output lol. oh well. it still goes for $25 or so on ebay, so it's a really good priced display, however its limited to 4096 colors. i just wanted 2 say that if anyone needs the pinout of this display for hookin it up 2 a 12bit interface. i can show ya what i did to hook it up 2 a 18bit interface, but it's definately not the best way to go. if anyone's got small 7" or smaller TFT 18bit displays they wouldn't mind sellin, i'd be willing to possibly buy one now i just gotta get the pcb laid out for the winamp control :/
    hey.. hook it up to the most siginificant bits and the colros shoudln't be weird (you'll be limited to just 4096 colors, but they will match the original colors rather than a dark red showing up as a bright or something like that)

Comment

oh ok, ya the way its hooked up now i'm leavin off the 2 most significant bits of the 6bit rgb. hmm, maybe i'll try that @ work today since i just happen 2 have the homemade connector here w/ me thanks
      National Geode 233 MMX, Homemade 5V/12V DC-DC Converter, 6.5" TFT LCD w/ Touchscreen, Motorola Oncore GT+ GPS w/ Routis, Netgear 802.11 w/ External Antenna, IBM Travelstar 10gig HD, Homemade Serial Infrared receiver, Homemade Small Serial Trackball

Comment

ok ya well i'd hafta say that definately helped....the colors look way better now. i'm still gettin a different lcd, but this is much better for the time being thanks!

Comment

Does this display work well enough to use in a car? Would it be visible in the day?

Comment

well...the contrast ratio is kinda sucky, so....i'd hafta say no 2 that one. it has 2 CCFL tubes in the display, but it still seems dim. i'm pretty sure they're runnin @ 100% brightness though. i dunno, i'll hafta fool w/ it more. seein how i am w/o a datasheet for this stupid thing, figuring out the brightness control is a little weird. the way to get max brightness on nec displays seems 2 vary from display to display. so....ya i'll do some fooolin, but i don't think anything different is gonna happen.

Comment

do you still use this display ?

Comment

Working...
              X