Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LQ104V1DG11 Suggestions

Hey guys,

Im looking to buy a Sharp LQ104V1DG11 10.4" screen for a decent price. I did a search on this model in the forums and couldnt find much recent info

My question is what is a good and cost effective controller card for this screen?

I do not have any open PCI slots on the card, so I would need an analog-analog controller I assume. I have seen Earth LCDs card for $199 and am wondering if theres any other ones (maybe cheaper too) that I can use.

Here is the link for the screen. Do i need to get an inverter too for this particular item or is that on the back of the screen?
    G945GLCF2 | 512MB RAM | 160GB HD | Holux GPS w/ Routis | XMPCR w/ TOSLINK mod | Audigy 2 NX | | Xenarc 700TSV |Opus 150W PSU.

Originally posted by blazinlow
    Hey guys,

Im looking to buy a Sharp LQ104V1DG11 10.4" screen for a decent price. I did a search on this model in the forums and couldnt find much recent info

My question is what is a good and cost effective controller card for this screen?

I do not have any open PCI slots on the card, so I would need an analog-analog controller I assume. I have seen Earth LCDs card for $199 and am wondering if theres any other ones (maybe cheaper too) that I can use.

Here is the link for the screen. Do i need to get an inverter too for this particular item or is that on the back of the screen?
    The vertical board on the back of the screen looks like the inverter for dual CCFL lamps.

I would imagine that the cable coming out of the right side is the data cable.

I can't tell what the horizontal board is.

www.displaze.com has Driver Cards that would let you connect a standard VGA card to the LCD, but they all cost upwards of $200.

If you had a LVDS output from your motherboard, you could get a simple converter for $40, which I've mentioned in my thread:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...t=22493&page=2

You'd also need to make a cable to interface the LCD.

Displaze also has some insanely high-brightness LCD's - some with as high as 1500 cm/2.. with insanely high prices to match.

Comment

Working...
    X