basic lcd controller questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basic lcd controller questions

I have 2 possible lcd's that I would like to use. But I'm still confused about how it all connects. I've seen that I will probably need a controller card, but how can i tell if the lcd is LVDS or whatnot. I really haven't found anything in the way of a FAQ or guide, so thats why i am turing to ya'll. one screen is a Sharp LQ9D02C. The ribbon cable has 40 connectors but aside from that, thats about all i know about it. Do i need a controller card? can someone please point me in the right direction? thanx for readin!

Originally posted by vilagefool
    I have 2 possible lcd's that I would like to use. But I'm still confused about how it all connects. I've seen that I will probably need a controller card, but how can i tell if the lcd is LVDS or whatnot. I really haven't found anything in the way of a FAQ or guide, so thats why i am turing to ya'll. one screen is a Sharp LQ9D02C. The ribbon cable has 40 connectors but aside from that, thats about all i know about it. Do i need a controller card? can someone please point me in the right direction? thanx for readin!
    Hey,

For the LQ9D02C, you would need a controller that outputs digital RGB signals. Digital RGB is when the LCD takes in multiple lines for each color (for you, each color has 3 bits) and the controller uses a sync line to update each display frame. I'm not too sure about LVDS, but I think it's also digital (rather than analog) but each color has only a single line but that speed that data flows on each line is much faster.. Also, that LCD screen you have is only 9bit total while others are 18bit.. I think you should invest anotehr $20 and just buy a new LCD.. The controller is the expensive part, and I have a few for sale at $90 + shipping.. If you are interested, email me and we can work something out..

Jason

Comment

If it has a 40 way ribbon on it , no way is it lvds. So far few lcds have lvds.

Comment

If you have a board that has an LVDS transmitter, you could try this LVDS-to-TTL converter board I found, for $40:

http://www.evalue-tech.com/evalueweb...mn=EPM-1530-18

See this post for more details:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...1&postcount=28

Edit: Only works with 18-bit LCD panels, not 9-bit ones, but you could theoretically only use the highest 3 bits, though I'm not sure if it would work.

Comment

Working...
        X