Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what video cards support 848x480 res??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • what video cards support 848x480 res??

    just wondering if any1 can help with a list of video card's that have current drivers that support 848x480 resolution, for 7in 16:9 lcd vga screens. thanx

  • #2
    You'll probably find that the 7" widescreen displays are actually 800x480 pixels. So, you're still losing 48 pixels in the width.

    The better question is "What video cards support 800x480 res??"

    I personally am using 800x600 on my 7" Xenarc, and it looks pretty darn good


    Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

    Comment


    • #3
      I am interested as well in this kind of info and before the thread becomes too fuzzy, I want to repost the question: What VGA cards do support 848x480 on VGA output?
      or let me ask different way:

      What OS/card/driver version are U using to get 848x480 on VGA?

      since I am currently using Linux, and I can see there are new WindowsXP drivers out there for Epia-M (which is my M/B) onboard VGA - CLE266_XP2K_16943209, I would like to know if someone has tried this resolution on VGA output and sucseeded.

      Thank you.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have 848x480 listed, but have never tried it.

        nVidia GeForce4 ti4600 (53.03 driver) and XPpro.

        I don't have 800x480 listed (I don't think). That is the Zenarc and Lilli's native resolution.

        Comment


        • #5
          I just created a custom resolution of [email protected] I didn't try better colors or higher frequency, but they should work also.

          All nVidia GeForce cards use the same driver, so I'm thinking that you can set 848x480 or 800x480 on any GeForce card.

          Comment


          • #6
            Geforce 2 (basic) on PII400, Win 98, latest drivers. runs 848x480 fine. (Using Powerstrip)

            I created a 800x480 resolution, but the lilliput seems to think it is 640x480 and it looks rubbish. Can't seem to get that to work at all. Irritating.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ŠuTcH
              just wondering if any1 can help with a list of video card's that have current drivers that support 848x480 resolution, for 7in 16:9 lcd vga screens. thanx
              I have a pci geforce4 64mb card with vga out, and tv out that will do that resolution!
              $50.00 shipped! in US!
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                sweet ill have to look for a s/h geforce4 card and download those drivers, id rather 848x480 res because its the closest to the ratio of the lilliput screens 16:9, than 800x480.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ŠuTcH
                  sweet ill have to look for a s/h geforce4 card and download those drivers, id rather 848x480 res because its the closest to the ratio of the lilliput screens 16:9, than 800x480.
                  No....the actual number of pixels on the screens is 800x480.
                  Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                  www.aimee.cc

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i know... but still the ratio is distored if i use that res, 16:9 goes into 848x480 nearly perfect at 53 times which is closer than 800x480. so i'd rather use that

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      True 800x480 is not exactly 16:9. But an LCD will always look best in it's native resolution, IMO.

                      Think about it. How do you faithfully display 848 dots, by only using 800 pixels?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by eCar™
                        True 800x480 is not exactly 16:9. But an LCD will always look best in it's native resolution, IMO.

                        Think about it. How do you faithfully display 848 dots, by only using 800 pixels?
                        I have GeForce2 MX PCI on my M10000 I have run it on 848x480 and that's the mest picture, I set 800x480 but it looks crappy!! even if it is a native Lillys resolution (I have Lilly), so I think the best res is 848x480

                        Still waiting of VIA's driver update, when they will have 848x480 support of their onboard card
                        '93 Opel Vectra A with Custom Dash with 7" lilliput
                        VoomPC/M1-ATX/M10K/256 RAM/20GB 2,5' HDD/Gemtek USB Radio/WinLite/RoadRunner
                        http://zvi.home.ge/pics/?dir=vextra

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by zvi
                          I have GeForce2 MX PCI on my M10000 I have run it on 848x480 and that's the mest picture, I set 800x480 but it looks crappy!! even if it is a native Lillys resolution (I have Lilly), so I think the best res is 848x480

                          Still waiting of VIA's driver update, when they will have 848x480 support of their onboard card
                          That seems odd to me. But I don't own a Lilli or Xenarc, so I can't argue with you.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It does seem to be the case. Maybe the lilliput is cheap cos it doesn't have square pixels :/

                            848x480 works great anyway, for the web it leaves a nice 24 pixel gap either side, which makes it easy to read. OK so my circles aren't perfectly round, but then I don't do my CAD on it

                            The main problem with 848x480 is that some dialog boxes are too big, making it tricky to hit the enter key.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tekta
                              It does seem to be the case. Maybe the lilliput is cheap cos it doesn't have square pixels :/

                              848x480 works great anyway, for the web it leaves a nice 24 pixel gap either side, which makes it easy to read. OK so my circles aren't perfectly round, but then I don't do my CAD on it

                              The main problem with 848x480 is that some dialog boxes are too big, making it tricky to hit the enter key.
                              Thats why we need perfect CarPS software

                              But the fact is I have tried both 848x480 and 800x480 on GF4 desktop over the weekend and truly 848x480 is far more better. Still I am forced to use EpiaM onboard VGA so 800x600 for the time beeing. Holy VIA, do release good drivers supporting 848x480 already!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X