setting screen brightness and contrast permanently

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting screen brightness and contrast permanently

I was wondering if there is a way to se the screen's brightness and contrast permanently. I have a xenarc 700TSV. I set the brightness and contrast to 50/50 and it seems to stay that way everytime I start the computer which is good, but when I load up MediaEngine, it lowers the brightness for some reason. When I exit out of MediaEngine the settings go back to 50/50 like I want. Is there anyway to leave it 50/50 permanently?

-Noa

Originally posted by G35Pimp
    I was wondering if there is a way to se the screen's brightness and contrast permanently. I have a xenarc 700TSV. I set the brightness and contrast to 50/50 and it seems to stay that way everytime I start the computer which is good, but when I load up MediaEngine, it lowers the brightness for some reason. When I exit out of MediaEngine the settings go back to 50/50 like I want. Is there anyway to leave it 50/50 permanently?

-Noa
    Go into settings on MEdiaengine and toggle off the autodim feature at night...

Comment

Originally posted by Litespeed
      Go into settings on MEdiaengine and toggle off the autodim feature at night...
      haha. thanks.

Comment

Contrast

Okay so my computer has about a 60% chance that it will keeps my settings on my monitor when i start it up. How can I make that permanent? I have a mac mini and a Xenarc monitor. thanks

Comment

There is a software solution to that "my Xenarc can't keep the settings permanent" problem: PowerStrip. Install it, run it, go to the color profiles menu and increase the brightness, play with the other options too. The settings become permanent and it is pretty much the same as using the buttons on the Xenarc.

I think that question has been asked before, not sure if the same solution has been suggested before.

Comment

Hmm... That doesn't sound right to me. Powerstrip changes the video driver settings, not the actual screen.
            Christmas Car Project 2008

ArrowDash Skin Worklog

Comment

If you have a 700TSV, keep the defaults of the screen (brightness/contrast 33,33 I believe) and try increasing the brightness/contrast using powerstrip. Let me know what you see.

Comment

Giving it a try........

Comment

Working...
                X