Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else besides digitalww have in dash units?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else besides digitalww have in dash units?

havent seen anyone else carry in dash lcds (specifically vga)

no competition = bad
    2004 G35 Coupe project

i would also like to know this

Comment

anyone?

no offense to armen intended but 530 is pretty damn steap and people are porting long wait times and no response to emails
      2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

I got my lilliput from these guys took about a week to come, but they kept me informed and they ship to the UK from HK and you dont pay tax :-) then send to you. I have emailed them as they do the indash TM-701L for 138, just asking if the do empty housings so I can stick my lilliput in it.. http://sales.mini-tech.com/index.php3 They dont show the lilliput on there site, I mailed him and got a uk price of 179. Hope this info helps

CdRsKuLL
        Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

^

anyone? no competition??
          id get a lilliput for 260 but i have nowhere to mount it! i want in dash
          2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

Only vendor that does in-dash VGA I've found is DigitalWW, www.mp3playerstore.com does in-dash but no VGA

Comment

The only way I see to put lilliput or xenarc in dash is to rip them apart and to put them in different case since they are about .25" wider then the DIN. It would be pretty easy to create one if LCD panels/vga controllers were available, but once again the only place where they are availabe is digitalww, and they are freaking expensive. So for all of you who want indash w/VGA you are pretty much stuck with the digitalww.

I am not associated with digitalww in any way, but looked and looked for something different and its not happening.
              Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

hey
                ive bought a cheapie composite one from ebay and plan on fitting my digitalww 7" VGA lcd into the casing - check ebay, i paid 130 for it including shipping in the uk, and ill hopefully be able to sell the composite screen out of the casing (if anyones in the need of a screen such as this - brand new then please get in touch!)

regards

matt
                Email: [email protected]

Comment

something you might want to try is : Buy a lilliput or xenarc vga on ebay, then send it to armen to have him install it in a in-dash housing. he quoted me like $140 to install my xenarc into one of his in-dash housings. This will save you some money......Just a thought....

Comment

Originally posted by joelw23
                    something you might want to try is : Buy a lilliput or xenarc vga on ebay, then send it to armen to have him install it in a in-dash housing. he quoted me like $140 to install my xenarc into one of his in-dash housings. This will save you some money......Just a thought....
                    $140 for the install+housing or $140 on top of the price of the housing?
                    '01 4runner ░ P3 866 ░ 128mb ░ 20gb HD ░ Radeon 9200SE PCI ░ SB PCI ░ Slim DVD/CD-RW ░ USB GPS ░ 7" Lilli vga TS ░ XP Pro ░ MC ░ Routis '04
                    ForemostWebHosting
                    SpeedGuyParts.com

Comment

Sorry that price was with the housing according to him...

Comment

that was when the price was $90 for a housing so now it might be $150.....

Quote from email..

"It will be $90 for the housing and $50 for the installation.

Armen"

Comment

the housing is $90 for mp3car members.
                          '01 4runner ░ P3 866 ░ 128mb ░ 20gb HD ░ Radeon 9200SE PCI ░ SB PCI ░ Slim DVD/CD-RW ░ USB GPS ░ 7" Lilli vga TS ░ XP Pro ░ MC ░ Routis '04
                          ForemostWebHosting
                          SpeedGuyParts.com

Comment

I have 2 lilliputs mounted in the TM-701L in-dash assemblies. I can't recommend the in-dash assemblies. If I were to do it again, I would either wait for a better solution to come to market, or make a custom in-dash unit myself.

The quality of the TM-701L is not what you might expect. My first impression of it was that it was cheap and poorly designed. There are problems with the wiring as well. First off, since one of your major connections is a vga signal, it needs to be shielded. Most shielded vga cables are too stiff to stand up to the constant bending of the in-and-out dash movement. The cable has to fold up in the rear of the unit when the screen is stashed. The unit lacks any mechanism to facilitate the cable folding up properly. You're really screwed if the cable does not fold properly the first time - especially if it is shipped like that and sits for days. One of my units was like this. I am currently rewiring it because it will not close without the cable binding up in the spring mechanism in the back of the unit. I tried many times to get the cable to bend correctly, but once it developed a "habit" it was all over. I have a friend in the electronics/component assembly bussiness and he is researching a better cable assembly and wiring for me. I am hoping to make it available once I'm done with mine and happy with it.
                            So far:
                            M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

Has anyone found a suitable in-dash housing besides the digitalww one for a lilliput that's retail or even custom made yet? I looked over the how-to for digitalww's, and that's just too much unsolder/soldering for me to attempt, and I'd rather not ship my screen off either.

Just wondering if someone's found a solution to keep the screen as close to stock as possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X