attn: trustworthy soldering pros

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attn: trustworthy soldering pros

say i was to send someone a lilliput lcd and an in dash housing from digitalww and i would like them to mod the lilliput to go inside the housing as shown here
    http://digitalww.com/VGA_Lilliput-to-Indash_HowTo.html

would anyone be willing? (for compensation of course)

im just worried about ******* up the soldering job because im not that proficient and my iron is a bit antiquated and im limited to one old broad tip that is really hard to use
    2004 G35 Coupe project

I'd love to do it for you.
    Fabricator

Comment

those don't look like too bad soldering points.. its not that hard if you use flux
      '98 Explorer Sport
      http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
      AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
      80% done

Comment

those don't look like too bad soldering points.. its not that hard if you use flux

You dont even need additional flux, almost all solder are flux cored.

Comment

flux capacitor

??

Comment

http://www.cranesolder.com/fluxcore.htm

Comment

Originally posted by hijinks21
              Everything looks ok except for that button board.... but still doable...

Comment

I would just take it to a local shop near you. By the time you pay to ship your screen to and from someone on here and pay them for the work it would be about the same price. Plus you could probably get it back quicker from the shop in town because you wouldn't have to wait for it to get there and back. Just my $.02.
                7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
                ATVMS.com

Comment

what shop?

instructions on the procedure arent terribly detailed either so it might be difficult
                  2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

I updated the "how to", almost done now, and I think it is detailed now. Take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Armen

Originally posted by aoLhaTer
                    what shop?

instructions on the procedure arent terribly detailed either so it might be difficult
                    http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

Anyplace that does electrical repairs on TVs, stereos, etc can solder that for you with Armen's instructions.
                      7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
                      ATVMS.com

Comment

ya that wouldn't be all that hard to do, just time consuming. i could do it, i spose, i solder TSSOP chips almost every day, and those things have 0.5 mm pin spacing, so the soldering job here is "huge" compared to that. i dunno though, depends how much ur willing to pay to i guess. pm me if ya like. later
                        National Geode 233 MMX, Homemade 5V/12V DC-DC Converter, 6.5" TFT LCD w/ Touchscreen, Motorola Oncore GT+ GPS w/ Routis, Netgear 802.11 w/ External Antenna, IBM Travelstar 10gig HD, Homemade Serial Infrared receiver, Homemade Small Serial Trackball

Comment

Working...
                        X