WIERD Display on Lilliput...HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIERD Display on Lilliput...HELP!

My lilliput 7" was working fine a week or so ago. I hooked everything up tonite to test it out, but now all I get is a wierd display. (pic below) The power button is sometimes off, sometimes red, but never turns green. Pressing the power button does no good. The buttons are also always blue. Teh screen is all black, then fades into white background with rainbow lines. Nothing I do seems to make a difference. Anybody have any ideas? I need some serious help...

Russ
    Attached Files

looks like your verticle or horizontal synch is off. You may want to crack the back of the lilliput open and ensure that the wires that are coming from the vga cable are hooked up and soldered good. You could have broke a solder during install.
    New CarPC on the way again I think. I miss my old one!!!

Comment

Well, something I forgot to mention, that display comes up whether the vga cable is plugged in or not! Doesn't seem to matter.

Comment

Anyone have any ideas what's wrong with this thing?

Comment

The VGA wires going to the back of the controller board all look good, don't seem to be any issues there. Help!

Comment

Re-seat the ribbon cable that is connecting the controller to the LCD panel and it should fix the problem, unless the cable it self is damaged.

Armen

Originally posted by Norrin302
            The VGA wires going to the back of the controller board all look good, don't seem to be any issues there. Help!
            http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

I've tried that a few times, but I'll make sure it's in there correctly. Have you seen this before? If the cable is damaged, how would I go about getting a new one?

Comment

Ok, re-seated it on both ends, now all I get is a completely white screen. WTF??

I've tried that a few times, but I'll make sure it's in there correctly. Have you seen this before? If the cable is damaged, how would I go about getting a new one?
                Attached Files

Comment

Something is wrong with the connection between the VGA controller and the LCD. Either that or damaged VGA controller itself.

It goes like that when the signal is not coming through properly. I've had that problem many times, and what I had to do was reseat the ribbon cable and apply some thick tape above it so that when I close the housing, it presses the controller and LCD tightly and makes sure that the ribbon cable seats firmly in the connector.
                  New Lilliput EBY701 For Sale http://www.nusantech.com/index.asp?c...at=TOUCHSCREEN
                  SiRF3 Bluetooth GPS http://www.nusantech.com/index.asp?cat=GPS

Comment

Anyone know where I can get another cable that connects the controller card to the screen? I'm thinking mine is having issues... Are tehre any tests I could do to make sure my controller card is working properly?

Originally posted by masch
                    Something is wrong with the connection between the VGA controller and the LCD. Either that or damaged VGA controller itself.

It goes like that when the signal is not coming through properly. I've had that problem many times, and what I had to do was reseat the ribbon cable and apply some thick tape above it so that when I close the housing, it presses the controller and LCD tightly and makes sure that the ribbon cable seats firmly in the connector.

Comment

?

Anyone know where I can get another cable that connects the controller card to the screen? I'm thinking mine is having issues... Are tehre any tests I could do to make sure my controller card is working properly?

Comment

Check you PM box. I sent you a message yesterday.

Armen

?
                        http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

Working...
                        X