Best lcd for 200-300 us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best lcd for 200-300 us

Hey guys , just asking what the best lcd with vga tobe used on a carputer is for around 2 to 3 hundred bucks?? (us) I would love a touch screen, but it has to be indash as i have no where to put it other wise, and i am not ognna mount it on my ddash for someone to come a take it away

Nighthunter ( http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=6243 ) is selling a Lilliput screen for $255. Those are widely regarded around here to be the best VGA screen for the money.

Cheers,

Taylor

Comment

Yeah they look good, but they aren't indash, That is really what i would prefer

Comment

Originally posted by rmatalon
        Yeah they look good, but they aren't indash, That is really what i would prefer
        Oh....You're looking for an in-dash vga screen for between 200-300? Hmmm....Dunno the answer to that one!

- Taylor

Comment

Lot's of luck. If you get the lilliput mentioned above and get an indash kit for $100 from Armen at digitalww then you could get one for $355 and a little work.
          Aura MR62 (F and R)
          My Current MP3s
          IamDefiler.com

Comment

Originally posted by Defiler
            Lot's of luck. If you get the lilliput mentioned above and get an indash kit for $100 from Armen at digitalww then you could get one for $355 and a little work.
            How tough is it to convert the lilliput to indash w/ Armen's kit? I've never soldered b4 in my life... Is it tough soldering?

Comment

Originally posted by snoopdoug1
              How tough is it to convert the lilliput to indash w/ Armen's kit? I've never soldered b4 in my life... Is it tough soldering?
              depends on how steady your hand is...

my soldering jobs look like a 3 year old did it. you can probably attibute it to my drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by rdrr
                depends on how steady your hand is...

my soldering jobs look like a 3 year old did it. you can probably attibute it to my drinking.

HAHA And you were still able to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by snoopdoug1
                  HAHA And you were still able to do it?
                  Ya, but if you never have done it before, I would suggest you practice first. Also reading a few basic how to's would help a bit as well... I like this one, basic soldering guide., because it has a first aid section!

Comment

ok been doing some more research and am not sure if i wanna go with indash. I think i might just get rid of my trusty head unit and just go [email protected] to the wall and go all out and run everything from the carputer. I jsut had some questions about media engine. When i am listening to music and want to use the gps, are you able to have both apps running at the same time. Also does anyone know about being able to have the carputer control a cd changer??? Just a thought, as i might ditch the changer as well

Comment

Working...
                    X