Where to buy the indash housing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy the indash housing?

HI i have a 7" screen but i want to make it indash any idea where i can buy one because digitalww charges crazy price $90 thats insane. I was wondering if anybody else sells that.

Hmm..i don't know if its a bad deal or not. I can get the housing with lcd for $179USD in Canada so depending on how bad customs would rape me it might be better to just buy the whole unit here and rip it apart
    Technology, Gadgets and Making Money Online
    http://www.genemills.ca

Comment

Well, if you really wanna save money and still mount the screen decently, you could just use a vent or adhesive mount such as The Clip - http://www.theclip.com/mall/mounts.asp which has a good review here - http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/theclipventmount.php. It uses some really strong acrylic adhesive and a clip or more adhesive for the car side. I'm acually planning on using this for my project.

Comment

How would you see the clip to make the screen indash?

Comment

Originally posted by kickercivic1
          HI i have a 7" screen but i want to make it indash any idea where i can buy one because digitalww charges crazy price $90 thats insane. I was wondering if anybody else sells that.

$90 isn't that bad for the housing including shipping. I paid that last year when I bought one from him... and it was worth it.

Comment

When you broke like me $90 is a lot

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was trying to fab my own pull out housing and spent about a month planning it and building makeshift ones. I finally got fustrated and ended up ordering one from Armen. lol

Maybe someone on here has a used one laying around they are willing to sell?

Try a WTB thread in the classified too.

Comment

How would you see the clip to make the screen indash?
                Simple, how the clip works is as follows: You clip the vent base to your vent, then you stick the button with adhesive on the back of the LCD, then you hook the button on the base and you're all set. Note that there are other types of clips besides the vent mounts that the buttons fit onto.

Comment

Originally posted by bLindmOnkey
                  Simple, how the clip works is as follows: You clip the vent base to your vent, then you stick the button with adhesive on the back of the LCD, then you hook the button on the base and you're all set. Note that there are other types of clips besides the vent mounts that the buttons fit onto.
                  I am lost. I want to make the screen come out of the dashboard.

Comment

I made my own. Check THIS thread. Just scroll down to my post on that page.

Comment

I would suggest waiting untill you're not broke. Then buy one from DigitalWW.
                      http://www.arizonasportcompacts.com

Comment

That is great!

Originally posted by bLindmOnkey
                        Have you purchased any of these? Can this thing REALLY hold an LCD? I don't want the "circle adhesive" to come off and a $300 screen come crashing down to the floor!

Comment

Working...
                        X