LCD Group Buy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Group Buy

Does this sound right .... possible scam .... if it is a "donation" and "gift" what recourse do we have if it is bad ???

Your payment received will be accepted as a "donation" to Andrew Coppersmith to help along with his car pc project. On your credit card statement it will show "NIGHT RIDER ELECTRONIC". For every $255.00 you donate and when your donation is received you will be placed on the list below to receive a Lilliput Model Number 619GL-70NP as described on this web page, as a "FREE GIFT" and as a thank you for your donation. The donation requirement for this free gift is $255.00. There will be no shipping costs charged to you and you should receive your "GIFT" in 12 - 15 days from the date below.

Originally posted by Whatever1
    Does this sound right .... possible scam .... if it is a "donation" and "gift" what recourse do we have if it is bad ???

Your payment received will be accepted as a "donation" to Andrew Coppersmith to help along with his car pc project. On your credit card statement it will show "NIGHT RIDER ELECTRONIC". For every $255.00 you donate and when your donation is received you will be placed on the list below to receive a Lilliput Model Number 619GL-70NP as described on this web page, as a "FREE GIFT" and as a thank you for your donation. The donation requirement for this free gift is $255.00. There will be no shipping costs charged to you and you should receive your "GIFT" in 12 - 15 days from the date below.
    the only reason it is being accepted as a donation is because mastercard and visa do not allow pre-sales. In other words group buys as well. The person selling the item must have possession of the items before accepting payments. This would not work with my group buy, since I will be using the money recieved to purchase the screens, and then send them to you. But making donations via a credit card is perfectly acceptable. So when a donation is made, I gaurantee that you will recieve a lilliput 619GL-70NP as a gift or I will refund your money. Please read entire rules and guidelines before making your decision.This will not change any warranty you recieve since they are all taken care of through the manufacturer anyway.
    Thank you,
    Andrew Coppersmith

Comment

I am concidering it myselft but I am wondering where NightHunter buys these displays because what if I get a defective unit, where do I return it?

NightHunter, if you want to be taken more seriously then think about the image you use with your login name, it doesn't give me good vibe. A person cannot help from asking what is in it for you, if you are making a profit than charge $10 for a spot on the list and get the rest of the money via credit card when the items is shipped. I know that is more risk for you but you are making the profit off the units, thats how owning a buisness works. There are a lot of other options available rather than asking for a "donation."

Cheers
      View My Past CarPC Projects at http://www.basten.us
      -cell phone internet cable from gomadic
      -Motherboard/Case/screen/power supply from MP3Car Store
      -Other stuff http://www.freecd-r.com

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod_nut
        I am concidering it myselft but I am wondering where NightHunter buys these displays because what if I get a defective unit, where do I return it?

NightHunter, if you want to be taken more seriously then think about the image you use with your login name, it doesn't give me good vibe. A person cannot help from asking what is in it for you, if you are making a profit than charge $10 for a spot on the list and get the rest of the money via credit card when the items is shipped. I know that is more risk for you but you are making the profit off the units, thats how owning a buisness works. There are a lot of other options available rather than asking for a "donation."

Cheers
        obviously you havent been folowing this group buy. Read this link and you will see everything about it. This is legitimate , the screens are coming directly from the manufacturer. I am doing this simply to promote my internet website and to hopefully spawn a couple sales from this. I make little money off of this thing. I was originally doing this just so I could be able to afford one for my self at the rate from the manufacturer instead of paying oover $300.00 from some guy on ebay. I know how a buisness works, trust me. I could give you a few lesson's if you wish. This is a group buy, prepaying for spot on the list will not work. I use the money I recieve to purchase the screens, when I recieve them they are shipped to you. This is commonly done on message forums, read the classifieds section and tickle your brain a little. If you do not feel comfortable with this sale, do not buy from it. This is a great opportunity for everyone to get in on. It wont be around forever but it is a good thing for now.
        by the way, maybe ill change my avatar to a beer mug...

Comment

I would still like to know how you handle returns? You did say that they come from the manufacture but is that over seas? Has it happened to your customers yet? My concern is that manufactures sometimes will not take returns unless they are bought from a distributer.

Cheers

Comment

Ni NightHunter, found your group buy effort while looking for a screen to go in my car as I want to put a PC in there. The touch screen would be excellent. I have previously been looking at the $100 Lilliput screens on ebay, of the same size, and heard that they are poor quality due to the fact that they are actually LCD technology rather than TFT.

I'm very interested in participating in this group buy, but am interested to see what the quality of the screens is like and what the touchscreen is like when operating a PC with it etc, do you know of any threads with pictures and opinions of the screen from someone who has the same one?

Also, I am in the UK, and am not completely sure what a Money Order is, but i'd have to pay by this as obviously I have a Non-US credit card, would you be able to explain this payment option and any others available to me? Any idea what the shipping to the UK would be like too, as i'd like to have it in good time and ideally not get a pile of TFT remains through my letter box a few months later.

Thanks for any help,
            Chris

Comment

those ones on ebay and the one he is selling are both LCD.

However, the ones on ebay are NTSC/PAL, while the other ones are VGA. I have never seen the difference in person, but most people say if you plan on doing any gps/text reading, you need vga.

Comment

This Group Buy is a SCAM

First off the whole idea of this as a "Group Buy" is total B.S. I know for a fact the prices that he is charging is over 35.00 dollars more then what you can buy them for if you are a dealer. He uses the term "Group Buy" to make you think he is giving the best possible price. He is making a tighty little income on this scam. Group Buy my A$%. If anybody wants to buy from an actuall authorized lilliput dealer with 800 techsupport and Authorized to sell LCD's let me know I will see to it that the company sells them for 5.00 less then this person is selling them for. Even at 5.00 less the company will still make a profit. "Group Buy" I laugh........ If anyone is interested let me know and I will get the special promo code to type into the website to reflect the reduced price for MP3Car Members.

Hey I will be forming a group buy for Ferrari Enzo's if anybody wants in the price is just $700,000 hehehehe

Comment

700 K for an enzo is a good deal. I have heard of them going for over 2 million.

Comment

Originally posted by tyronepatterson
                    First off the whole idea of this as a "Group Buy" is total B.S. I know for a fact the prices that he is charging is over 35.00 dollars more then what you can buy them for if you are a dealer. He uses the term "Group Buy" to make you think he is giving the best possible price. He is making a tighty little income on this scam. Group Buy my A$%. If anybody wants to buy from an actuall authorized lilliput dealer with 800 techsupport and Authorized to sell LCD's let me know I will see to it that the company sells them for 5.00 less then this person is selling them for. Even at 5.00 less the company will still make a profit. "Group Buy" I laugh........ If anyone is interested let me know and I will get the special promo code to type into the website to reflect the reduced price for MP3Car Members.

Hey I will be forming a group buy for Ferrari Enzo's if anybody wants in the price is just $700,000 hehehehe
                    Post the code Or send it to me, either way

Comment

tyrone: If you want to provide me one at a cheaper price, go right ahead mate! I want exactly the same model as that one, it works out to be about 137GBP for me at the moment, which is very reasonable seeing as the same model on ebay is 149 + 23 P&P.

Comment

tyronepatterson .... AMEN

Comment

I really dont get where you all are coming from. If you dont want to buy, DONT! we here at MP3car.com know the seller, and we trust him. If you wanna troll and squat and advertise lower prices fine, but why bash someone that is trying to help the group out? For all of the efforts, phone calls, headaches, ect, $35 is nothing...less than a 10% markup, so what business do you know that can operate making 10% of $300? Plus Liliput has "requested" that he set his price higher, as to not kill the competiton.

If you had read his posts, you would know he had no intention of becoming a dealer, it was to help himself buy cheaper.
                          2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

whoaa I didnt know you had the authority to speak for everyone at mp3car "we here at MP3car.com know the seller, and we trust him." Where ever you look nowadays you always have to read between the lines for the real motive of an individual. It gets quit sicking with this business scaming this person or this person lied about this or didnt tell the whole truth, blah blah blah. It gets pretty damn sicking. If he wants to sell the damn lcd's thats fine. Competition is healthy for the consumer. But don't try unethical practices such as false advertising. I mean come on a group buy is designed for individuals to get together and buy from someone in bulk in hopes of getting the product at a discount. Now when someone is advertising a group buy but is tacking on a fee for himself, that is wrong. What about parts express or tftcar do you see them advertising group buys no you don't because they are selling the product for more then what they buy it for hence it is not a group buy.

Comment

Where ever you look nowadays you always have to read between the lines for the real motive of an individual. It gets quit sicking with this business scaming this person or this person lied about this or didnt tell the whole truth, blah blah blah.
                              I agree with this completely, and think I can speak for almost everyone here when I say that they do too, but we do trust NightHunter and don't think he's going to scam us. We know he's making a few bucks off each screen, but that's fine with everyone that's ordered one, as he's been completely honest about that fact. I think his profit is around $5-$10 (after you accomodate for shipping), if even that much. From all of the hell that he's been through with this thing (Paypal, then Visa) I'm personally happy that he's still putting up with this for so little in return. I haven't been able to find this screen for cheaper, and although you have spoken up advertising it for less, you're doing so with a "secret code," unlike NightHunter here, who's opening it for everyone. Price matching individual screens is one thing - opening the screen up for $255 flat including shipping is another.

Definitely feel free to advertise the screen for less, as I'm sure many others on the board that haven't bought from Andrew yet might appreciate it, but coming along and ranting about how he is scamming us makes no sense. He's telling us he's profiting from it and everyone's still cool with it.

He's refunded my money twice already when things have gone sour with payment options outside of his control, so I don't think he's a con artist. (And if he is, he is a sucky one).

I mean come on a group buy is designed for individuals to get together and buy from someone in bulk in hopes of getting the product at a discount.
                              I'd say that applies here quite well.

Now when someone is advertising a group buy but is tacking on a fee for himself, that is wrong.
                              I'd agree with you IF he was claiming he wasn't making any money off of it. He's done nothing of the sort. In fact, he's been completely honest about the fact that he's profiting a bit, and after seeing the hassle that he's gone through, I'd say he's still barely breaking even.

I see your point about CarTFT and the like not calling theirs group buys, so if it makes you happy, I can start calling it NightHunter's deal a "Group Buy with a little money for Andrew's trouble," but "Group Buy" seems more convenient.

- Taytay

Comment

Working...
                              X