No announcement yet.

What Vga Non-touch screen should i buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Vga Non-touch screen should i buy?

Hey everyone, ok I want to get a screen without touchscreen, and it to be vga, also i dont want to get a xenaric because it is too much, im looking to spend around $300, preferably less then 300. Thanks everyone. Also what do you guys think of this screen? http://www.digitalww.com/VGA_TM_700VGA.htm

Thanks.

btw im looking for a 7-8" screen

Comment

try this, only $109

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...71&svbname=205

Comment

Originally posted by Sway

it's not a vga and judging from the price, it's probably an stn. a 5.1" tft (xga for vga) active matrix lcd is far better than a 7" stn lcd when it comes to picture clarity, viewing angle, and lcd quality.
        [....99.9%]
        [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
        [....99.8%]
        [SW] XP/MMC/FP:D3,FlyTV/AxifeFM,CarMM?
        [Working on] puttingBackEvrythg.

Comment

So any suggestions?

Comment

I know you dont want a touch screen, but to be honest, the 7" lillput is prob the way to go, you can quite easy remove the touchscreen, just a few screws and a stanley knife blade will do the job in 5 mins.. and difference it makes once the touch screen is removed is loads.. its so much brighter and crisper once its touchscreen less. If you need info on how to remove it just ask.. I'm sure you could sell the touchscreen also on here.. as afew peeps have cracked theres by mistake.. me being one of them. :-)

Cheers

CdR
            Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
              I know you dont want a touch screen, but to be honest, the 7" lillput is prob the way to go, you can quite easy remove the touchscreen, just a few screws and a stanley knife blade will do the job in 5 mins.. and difference it makes once the touch screen is removed is loads.. its so much brighter and crisper once its touchscreen less. If you need info on how to remove it just ask.. I'm sure you could sell the touchscreen also on here.. as afew peeps have cracked theres by mistake.. me being one of them. :-)

Cheers

CdR
              Hey, i was thinking of getting the lilliput screen but everytime i look at this forum theres plenty people talking about something wrong with there lilliput screens, and i know the screens are refurbished thats why i kinda dont want to get them. If i can find a place with a decent price and a warranty then id prob get one, but i prob wont just cuz of all the problems. You think that link on top of that screen is a good screen to get? Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

people only post about there lilliputs when they go wrong, you never really hear when there pleased, for the price its defo the best about, and the brightest.. the newer models are alot better, I've noticed differences between the two i've had, and there was a month in between buying them. they now look like they will be putting the usb touch pcb onto the main pcb. Its hard for anyone to give you a un biased recommendation as with out looking and playing with each model its not really a fair judgement. All I can say really is i'm very please with my lilliput, the quality of the build is very good, and I would defo purchase another one.

Theres a mp3car group buy going on, why dont you contact the guy whos doing it, have a chat to him, I'm sure hes had about 40 screens, maybe he will be able to give you some assurance about the reliability of them..

CdR
                Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
                  people only post about there lilliputs when they go wrong, you never really hear when there pleased, for the price its defo the best about, and the brightest.. the newer models are alot better, I've noticed differences between the two i've had, and there was a month in between buying them. they now look like they will be putting the usb touch pcb onto the main pcb. Its hard for anyone to give you a un biased recommendation as with out looking and playing with each model its not really a fair judgement. All I can say really is i'm very please with my lilliput, the quality of the build is very good, and I would defo purchase another one.

Theres a mp3car group buy going on, why dont you contact the guy whos doing it, have a chat to him, I'm sure hes had about 40 screens, maybe he will be able to give you some assurance about the reliability of them..

CdR
                  Nice, alright im gonna buy that lilliput screen at the group buy, making my m.o. tommorow

Comment

If your still interested in the input don't get the legacy screen. Ive had some of their screens and while cheap,(got my first one for 50 bucks to get the project rolling), the quality dose suffer. Also i now have the tm700vga from DigitalWW and it is working out great. Be warned though it dose have a max res of 640480 which is more than enough for everything I do.

-Dustin

Comment

I think you should go Lilliput as well. Almost all of the problems with the Lilliput were touchscreen related and you don't care for that anyways...which is good in your case. Just my .02

Comment

I have seen around, motorised VGA panels, non touch screen too. check ebay etc

Comment

Working...
                        X