Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of us that can't afford VGA LCDs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of us that can't afford VGA LCDs?

For those of use that can't afford one of those indash VGA LCDs, Would this kind of thing work? or are they just basically a way to have TV out on a video card that only has VGA?

Converter #1
    Converter #2
    Converter #3
    Converter #4

Would this kind of thing help for people with composite screen to be able to see GPS data clearer?

Thanks,

Rafster
    Post # 3000

Would be the same as TV out from your vid card.

Comment

(read - lower resolution then standard VGA)
      -Mars

Comment

Take the time, and save...do it right the first time!
        BossTone74

Comment

you answered your own question vga has more resolution

Comment

Regrettably I went down the route of vga to tv adaptors. I found the image was blurred/fuzzy, couldn’t read the text very easily etc. Now managed to sell the monitor and now looking for a 7” lcd with touch screen (but with reverse flip on the video input (not the vga).
            __________________________________________________ __
            Steve
            aka A very wild....wild camper

__________________________________________________ __

Comment

VGA monitors are getting very affordable. You have no excuse not to get one: http://www.digitalww.com/VGA_TM_700VGA.htm

Armen

Originally posted by rafaelsherman
              For those of use that can't afford one of those indash VGA LCDs, Would this kind of thing work? or are they just basically a way to have TV out on a video card that only has VGA?

Converter #1
              Converter #2
              Converter #3
              Converter #4

Would this kind of thing help for people with composite screen to be able to see GPS data clearer?

Thanks,

Rafster
              http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

Originally posted by digitalww
                VGA monitors are getting very affordable. You have no excuse not to get one: http://www.digitalww.com/VGA_TM_700VGA.htm

Armen
                Why is there such a huge difference ($300) between the VGA LCD that is in-dash (not motorized) and the VGA LCD that is stand alone?

They seem to be the same model too - Panasonic (EDTCB18QCF)LCD Panel

Can putting the thing in a DIN holder really be $300?

Andrew

Comment

Alright, the $300 gap doesn't include the touchscreen. But if you take the touch scren one that is standalone TM-710VGT and the touch screen one that is in dash (but not motorized) DWW-7VGA the difference is still almost $200.

Andrew

Comment

i thought i'd save money by getting a regular LCD. <sigh> should've gotten the vga
                    VIA EPIA 533 MHz
                    256 MB RAM
                    7" Lilliput VGA Touchscreen
                    20 gig HD
                    Media Engine 2.1.4
                    GPS - Earthmate/SA2004
                    802.11b Connectivity

Comment

Originally posted by digitalww

Armen
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24464

Check this thread about those affordable vga monitors. I guess they're affordable if you don't care if they work or not.

Comment

And oh. I am glad you are such an expert on everyones finances that you can tell us what we should and shouldn't be able to afford.

Comment

Edit: I'm not trying to flame anyone, or any of that. I'm saying Armen sells good stuff, and seeing newbs attack vets when they have no idea is reason enough to post to set things straight.
                          My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
                          2 Kicker Comp 10"
                          Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
                          Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
                          Check it out?!

Comment

Originally posted by Pudge
                            AZcowboy, Armen is pretty much right. If I were you, I wouldn't be ragging on someone like him that's been around. People around here know his screens are good, reliable, and that he's a good guy. Many people buy from him and have good results, and that IS a very good price for a VGA monitor. For 100 bucks more than a composite, there is almost no reason not to get one for the difference in quality. However, since I understand that not everyone can spend that on an LCD, that's not my rant.

My rant is newbies like you putting vets in place. Heck I even consider myself a newbie at nearly 300 posts, and might be being hypocritical. But reading newbs ragging on a good guy (that happens to run a good business in this case) makes me want to set them straight.

/rant

Okay I'm over it Just needed to get that out, not an attack, just a message to all newbs.
                            BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Only a couple words come to mind when I read your post but since none of them are good I won't say because you aren't worth it. Well there is one word that I can say. Thats HILARIOUAS. Thanks for the laugh.

Comment

Edited my post. I'm not trying to make anyone mad, but newbs... don't dis vets.
                              My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
                              2 Kicker Comp 10"
                              Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
                              Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
                              Check it out?!

Comment

Working...
                              X