New VGA touchscreen for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New VGA touchscreen for sale

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I noticed a new VGA Touchscreen listed on EBAY. What is your guys take on this? I like the idea of how thin it is and it comes with a headrest backing that would make it real easy to mold into a dash. Any thoughts? Is it trash?

Pete

Ebay link

Well, dang nabbit. Right after I sent the money for my lilliput.

If the specs are correct it looks like one hella screen. Cheap shipping too.
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

Comment

discounts for mp3car members?

Comment

The seller's warehouse is only a couple miles from me. I might stop by and take at look at one of these. There isn't anything like it on the www.starvision.us web-site. The closest thing is the SP-7VGA model which appears to be a rebadged Lilliput with slightly different specs.
        2004 4runner

Comment

Wow, nice screen.....
          Here in Portugal we have great weather, lots of brunnets, party a lot,drink a lot....
          http://img138.echo.cx/img138/896/bannerjoshua5dy.jpg

Comment

unnnhh....brunettes.....arrrrggghhhhh!
            Got any in a size 2 32DD?
            Stop Buying New Music CD's.
            Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

I'm in contact with the seller and he is going to arrange a demo for the monitor. He claims it is 'superior' to the Lilliput. Are there any specific characteristics I should look for? Does anyone want any questions answered?

If possible, i plan to take some pics with it running MediaEngine and Street Atlass 2004.
              2004 4runner

Comment

Also, it might help if an admin could rename and/or move this disscussion into one of the other forums.
                2004 4runner

Comment

I think pictures would be great or a side by side comparo. if possible.
                  Aura MR62 (F and R)
                  My Current MP3s
                  IamDefiler.com

Comment

Any help on the specs and quality would be great! I plan on buying one of these if things check out next week. I have a 1991 Nissan 300zx and plan on doing a in-dash install with this screen.

Pete

Comment

Definatly Let us know how it goes.
                      2003 Subaru Impreza TS
                      Staus: Done.. too lazy to make pictures lol.

Comment

Just got off the phone with Christopher from Starvision.

VERY nice guy. We spoke for about 20 Min. and the coversation was not not rushed or anything like that. It was nice to just talk without all the sales pitch BS.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm sold on this screen. He said he used to sell Lilliputs and still had some in his warehouse and this screen is better. He also said he designed this screen and has them manufatured for his company because he wanted a better screen than the lilliput.

The company has been in business for 25 Years and seems to be legit. Here is the website www.starvision.us Just to give an idea on the quantity they move, he is getting 1500 screens this Mon. and another 1500 shotly there after. I told him if he wanted to make good with the members here he should sign up and start replying and he said he would try to do so.

Again, I'm sold and I am in line to buy one on Monday. If and when I get the Lilliput from Nighthunter I am going to do a comparo myself and sell the one I don't want. I'll give the update when I get it.
                        Aura MR62 (F and R)
                        My Current MP3s
                        IamDefiler.com

Comment

i just called and talk to him too. he said hes the producer of the screen. he seems puzzled when i asked about the naive resolution of the LCD. the first resolution he gave me was 1600x something and then 1015x885. he designed the screen, but doesnt have any spec of the lcd panel other than what listed in the auction. i think i like to wait on this one. i know etronics.com has starvision lcd, and if i remember correctly, they are low end non-vga lcd brand.

Originally posted by Defiler
                          Just got off the phone with Christopher from Starvision.

VERY nice guy. We spoke for about 20 Min. and the coversation was not not rushed or anything like that. It was nice to just talk without all the sales pitch BS.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm sold on this screen. He said he used to sell Lilliputs and still had some in his warehouse and this screen is better. He also said he designed this screen and has them manufatured for his company because he wanted a better screen than the lilliput.

The company has been in business for 25 Years and seems to be legit. Here is the website www.starvision.us Just to give an idea on the quantity they move, he is getting 1500 screens this Mon. and another 1500 shotly there after. I told him if he wanted to make good with the members here he should sign up and start replying and he said he would try to do so.

Again, I'm sold and I am in line to buy one on Monday. If and when I get the Lilliput from Nighthunter I am going to do a comparo myself and sell the one I don't want. I'll give the update when I get it.

Comment

Nice to see more options for a screen, keep us posted

Comment

hey let me tag along if you get a demo, i'm in san diego but i'm down for an hour drive to check this out. i have relatives in garden grove anyway i can see them. i just ordered all my computer parts except monitor and video card yesterday, i'm glad i didn't buy the lilliput if this thing is good. i can't quite figure out what the actual resolution is from the stats though.

Comment

Working...
                              X