6.5" VGA touchscreen LCD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.5" VGA touchscreen LCD?

Is anyone aware of a 6" or 6.5" widescreen VGA touchscreen LCD that doesn't require taking out a loan to buy?
    Unfortunately a 7" LCD is just too big to fit.

What size space are you trying to put this in? Does your car have a non-standard radio?
    2003 Subaru Impreza TS
    Staus: Done.. too lazy to make pictures lol.

Comment

taking out a loan? back when it cost me $240 for the tm-701L itself. Now its like that much for vga, you can't go wrong. And I can't say Ive ever heard of a 6" vga but im sure it exists.
      Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Maeveth
        What size space are you trying to put this in? Does your car have a non-standard radio?
        Yeah, 1.5 DIN.
        I would like to keep the factory bezel and not have to hack up the dash too much, so I only have a 3" tall opening. I think a 7" LCD is 3.6" tall, so I'm just guessing a 6 or 6.5" widescreen LCD would fit perfectly behind the bezel.

Comment

Unfortunatly I've never seen a 6.5" Widescreen LCD around. Maybe somebody else has.
          2003 Subaru Impreza TS

Comment

Google and Ebay search pulls up nothing.
            I've only seen 6.5" widescreen built into $1200+ car stereos.
            I found some 5.8" widescreen NTSC. I plan to use big icons and big fonts, I don't know if NTSC will be adequate or not.

Comment

You could always go with an in-dash LCD that comes out of a single DIN unit
              2003 Subaru Impreza TS

Comment

Yeah, that's true. I'd actually like to avoid those though, they are just so very non-factory looking.

Comment

i don't suppose any of these have appeared since the last post in this thread 2 years ago? 7" is just a touch too big for my application i think. i see there is one on dww for $650. i really only need the screen though.
                  2006 Corolla S Ex-Audio 7" Epia MII ATI AIW VE 512MB Mini-Box.com M300 Case 100GB 2.5" HDD Z-COM XI-325HP+ Linksys WSB24/WRT54G w DD-WRT Treo 755p BT Modem Lite-On Slotload DVD GPS JVC AVX2 2x JL Audio 8" Alpine Type-S F/R

Comment

Working...
                  X