*****ing lilliput touchscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *****ing lilliput touchscreen

the original touchscreen that were installed didnt work. I order a new touchscreen, it worked perfect for 3 reboots then i got the eeprom error and cant calibrate it any more.

Im so f*uked at lilliput!!!!

And the new touch that i got somedays ago that worked for 3 reboots also has a ribbon cabel connector that was broken.

The quality of the lilliput is just toooo bad. If i have knew that i would have sooooo much trouble with the lilliput i woulndt bought one, and looked for a more expencive and a screen with more quality.

//Peter

hmmm...mine works great. Go figure.

Comment

I can honestly say I am a little worried about getting mine as the number of complaints have been more apparent as of late.

I hope you get yours fixed and mine works out of the box for a long time.
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

I hope I get one of those "rare" lilliputs without any problems.
        Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

You guys are not making me feel good about my recent purchase!!
          www.i-hacked.com Hardware hacking articles

Comment

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones, but my lilliput works perfectly. I've never seen the Jurassic Park logo and the touchscreen has never been calibrated (and the accuracy is great.) Recently I've had it fall out of my dash on a hard accel and kind of break into pieces (case wasnt screwed together) and now I've torn the control pad's ribbon in a few places and the damn thing still works great. So there are good ones out there, but it seems that there are just as many bad ones.
            It would be nice to have an anti-glare coating/tinted windows tho :P

Comment

Its funny how many people try one anyway without searching to see the issues first, then are sorry afterwards. Its even funnier when those who do ask or search buy them anyway. Seen it happen....might have been me
              2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

well mine works well. One way we can help sinlgle out the bad sellers, dont know if that would make a difference because of manufacters, would be to tell us who you bought it off of. Some times things seems to come to those who ask for it.
                I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                Buy Sell or Trade
                If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                Thank you
                Forex
                Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Well I read up and saw pro and con on Lilliput. I went ahead and bought off eBay from a California vendor and everything has been perfect since day 1. I've never seen the rom image that has been alluded to. The touch screen doesn't lose alignment. I've recently even had a chance to use the composite video input and it works fine too.

To get any statistically valid quality measurement you'd need to survey 500-1000 users over a reasonably wide purchase time window (6mos - 1year). Keep in mind too that people complain when things go bad but often don't tell you about what works as expected.

-- divideoverflow

Comment

Very true, and I fully agree. My point is more that given the issues, try to buy from someone who knows and understands them, as well as someone who will help when there are problems. I will never buy from a seller so far away again, they are willing to fix it, sure, but $70 in shipping later.
                    2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

jurrasic!

Hey all, recently bought 7" touchscreen lilliput from london dealer on ebay. So far it has worked fine, bit of a pain with the drivers but removing my bluetooth first seemed to sort it.

As for the jurrasic logo, dont know when you normally see it but I have seen it a few times, and this happens when the HZ or res is too high for the display. For example, 800x600 up to 70hz should work fine, however anything above will either tell you it is out of range or will show the jurrasic logo.

my advice would be to put a normal monitor on, make the screen res nice and low such as 800x600 60hz and then reboot and stick the screen back on. Hold the < button on the screen and it will do an "auto adjust" as well which should help a bit with the picture.

I hope that this helps and I would be interested to hear if anyone has any luck with my suggestions.

Regards,
                      Dave

PS
                      Can anyone give any more info on this jurrasic logo that appears? why? etc

thankies
                      dave
                      -----------------
                      Dashboard Monkey - CarPC News, reviews, installs and more
                      -----------------

Comment

Can anyone give any more info on this jurrasic logo that appears? why? etc

Gork and some others had a interesting thread here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ory#post129286
                        that gives thoeries. Very good thread to read up on for lilly users.
                        2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Originally posted by Defiler
                          I can honestly say I am a little worried about getting mine as the number of complaints have been more apparent as of late.

I hope you get yours fixed and mine works out of the box for a long time.

i think you're just having buyer's remorse and looking for justification for it. :P i'm sure it'll be fine

Comment

Select A or B
                            A) I bought it direct from China and it's made of substandard [email protected] parts.
                            B) I bought it in the U.S. and it's made of all new parts.

Comment

You can get a replacement ribbon cable from digitalww for just 2 or 3 dollars and he also sells the usb touch screen module for $50.
                              2004 Subaru STI
                              AMS CG65 2.4Ghz P4 w/512MB DDR, 40GB HD
                              Audigy2 ZS, Xenarc 700TSV, Gyration Media Center
                              WinXP Pro, ME 2.1, AudioBahn 5100T Amp
                              AWT10X Sub, JL XR100-CT tweeters
                              Sony XPlod fronts, Kenwood Excelon rears

Comment

Working...
                              X