No announcement yet.

Does your new flat screen look blurry?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your new flat screen look blurry?

I'm new to all of this... started last week with a Lillput 7" LCD w/touchscreen, a DeLorme Street Atlas 2004 with Earthmate GPS reciever, a Dell Latitude Laptop and a 2000 Toyota Camry. All is coming along just fine until i noticed that the screen looks blurry. I came to this site and have been looking for anyone with the same problem, but haven't seen any postings. Sooo, i went on trusty Google and did a search, turns out that m$ has known about this and has done something about it.

Hope anyone with this problem will find this as helpfull as it did for me!

p.s. Great site!
    Dual Lilliput's 70NP/C/T
    Syntax SV266AD KT266A
    AMD Athlon XP 2000
    Viking 256MB DDR
    D-Link Wireless 802.11B
    Seagate 120GB
    OrbitMicro 250W DC/DC converter
    SII Wireless Audio Link
    Digimoto OBD-II
    Earthmate GPS
    BU-303 USB GPS
    D-Link Bluetooth

I think most people here already knew about Cleartype, but welcome aboard.

BTW, if I was describing ClearType, I'd say it actually blurs the text. Without ClearType, fonts look pixelated to me. I like the way ClearType blurs things, making things look more rounded/smooth. It only affects text though, and will not really do anything to help a "blurry" LCD.

if its the composite version of the lilliput you have then it will be blurry - limitations of the format, use a VGA screen for pixel sharp graphics ( LCD screens themselves cannot "blur" like a CRT can )
      James - The UK CarPC Forum

Also check that your graphics card resolution is set to the native resolution of your LCD, so it does not have to stretch/compress the pixels.