Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flip desktop upside down

Hello guys,

I would like to include a LCD turned on the hardware side by 180° (upside/down). Is it possible to turn the desktop with some software also by 180° to get the correct picture on the LCD?

Even better, I would like to drive this in a dual head enviroment. One LCD turned by 180° and the other not. Any additional hints on that?

Backgound: I would like to install a Psone 5" display upside down under the rooftop near the back seat of my car using the inbuild hinges to flap it towards the roof when not in use.

some video drivers will allow that. nvidias does.
    '01 4runner ░ P3 866 ░ 128mb ░ 20gb HD ░ Radeon 9200SE PCI ░ SB PCI ░ Slim DVD/CD-RW ░ USB GPS ░ 7" Lilli vga TS ░ XP Pro ░ MC ░ Routis '04
    ForemostWebHosting
    SpeedGuyParts.com

Comment

ATI Radeon's Catalyst drivers also support this feature.

Comment

Some monitors allow you to flip also. I know my LCD (NEC NL8060BC26-17) reverses the scan direction (rotates picture 180°) when you cut one of the wires on the cable between the controller and LCD.

You could also have this feature on your LCD controller.

There is a lot of software available to do this also. Here's one: PivotPro

Comment

You can flip the screen in Windows XP by pressing CTRL + ALT + arrow key (left arrow key flips it 90degrees left, right key does opposite etc. etc...).

Im surprised noone has mentioned that already. Either that or I misunderstood the question.

Car PC v1 - 1999 - 2000
          DOS 6.22 - MPXF - 2x16 LCD - 6.4GB
          Car PC v2 - 2002 - 2006
          XP - 7" wide/touch - GPS - Tank batt relay - 100GB
          Car PC v3 - 2008
          XP - 7" wide/touch - GPS - 802.11g - FM/XM - OBDII - WWW

[||||||||||||||----] 80% complete

Comment

Originally posted by JayKaye
            You can flip the screen in Windows XP by pressing CTRL + ALT + arrow key (left arrow key flips it 90degrees left, right key does opposite etc. etc...).

Im surprised noone has mentioned that already. Either that or I misunderstood the question.
            Are you sure you don't have some other software installed? I don't think that is XP rotating your monitor like that.

Comment

I'm running winXP and control+alt+arrow doesn't do anything.

Comment

This keystroke has no effect on my PC (and yes I am using XP )

Comment

Originally posted by eCar™
                  There is a lot of software available to do this also. Here's one: PivotPro
                  Yes&TNX, buts that for 40 bucks! Any (cheaper) software solutions known by anybody?

Comment

hmmmm very weird.
                    I dont use XP myself. But the computers we have at college all have XP installed and they all flip the screen when someone presses those button. My friends used to always do it to me to pi$$ me off until I figured out how to un-do it! haha

It must be a feature installed optionally when you install windows.. maybe.
                    Something to search for in microsoft.com?

Car PC v1 - 1999 - 2000
                    Car PC v2 - 2002 - 2006
                    Car PC v3 - 2008

Comment

I read that the Tablet pc's support that, but I cant find anything on Google right now
                      2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

hmmmm very weird.
                        I dont use XP myself. But the computers we have at college all have XP installed and they all flip the screen when someone presses those button. My friends used to always do it to me to pi$$ me off until I figured out how to un-do it! haha

It must be a feature installed optionally when you install windows.. maybe.
                        Something to search for in microsoft.com?
                        Did you have monitors that easily rotated there at school?

I have seen ones that had a special mount that would allow you to quickly rotate from landscape to portrait and back. If you had one of those, you'd probably want a hotkey to switch like that.

But if your monitor doesn't easily rotate, you wouldn't even want those hotkeys.

Comment

Windows CE and XP embedded have that!

I have several wireless thin clients here at work that use CE and XP embedded that will do exactly what you want. Plus XP embedded will give a really quick boot time with almost the exact same functionality as full XP.
                          www.natchezss.com

God Bless America and Our President!

Comment

xp also has add on software and that might be what is running on those school pc's. Like xp plus, or tweak xp.
                            '01 4runner ░ P3 866 ░ 128mb ░ 20gb HD ░ Radeon 9200SE PCI ░ SB PCI ░ Slim DVD/CD-RW ░ USB GPS ░ 7" Lilli vga TS ░ XP Pro ░ MC ░ Routis '04
                            ForemostWebHosting
                            SpeedGuyParts.com

Comment

Originally posted by eCar™
                              Did you have monitors that easily rotated there at school?

I have seen ones that had a special mount that would allow you to quickly rotate from landscape to portrait and back. If you had one of those, you'd probably want a hotkey to switch like that.

But if your monitor doesn't easily rotate, you wouldn't even want those hotkeys.

No, they are 17" CRT monitors that dont have the room to flip sideways even if you wanted to.

Car PC v1 - 1999 - 2000
                              Car PC v2 - 2002 - 2006
                              Car PC v3 - 2008

Comment

Working...
                              X