Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xenarc, Lilliput or Starvision? What to buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc, Lilliput or Starvision? What to buy?

Which monitor is better? I see that most people here are buying Lilliput. Why? Because it's cheaper? Is Xenarc that much better for the price difference(from my research $150 to $200 more). And what's with that Starvision, any experience yet?

Thanks in advance,

(First time poster)

The "hearsay" answer is:
    Xenarc is most expensive, but probably best quality. Possibly not as bright though, but I hear that they upgraded the screen to their upgrade brighter screen.

Lilliput has most of the dialogue lately, cheaper than the Xenarc, but it seems not as good quality, a pain to purchase, and probably a bigger pain to get serviced.

I think the jury is still out on the Starvision as everyone who has ordered one is still waiting for it (me too). Supposedly next week the USB touchscreen versions will be in and hopefully in the mail to me. So far this one is falling into the "pain to purchase" catagory too.

I don't know many that have had lots of experience with hands on experience with all the choices. The above is just a summary of posts that are as good as what they are.

Comment

Kind of undrelated, but what exactly is your username supposed to be? I know how I am reading it, but I am curious what you meant by it.
      Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Nothing but but praise for my Starvision.

Comment

LOL
          on the user name,
          I have a lilliput comming in the mail soon, I got it on ebay shipped for $265 wow nice deal. I looked at the Xenarc but for the price and the little bit of extras it has I felt it was not worth-it to spend the money. I can almost buy two lilliputs for the same price.

I will not be reading to much text on the screen any way. I am going to be watching lots of movies on my carputer. If you need a good screen for text then just get the Xenarc an be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by arkadiyp
            Kind of undrelated, but what exactly is your username supposed to be? I know how I am reading it, but I am curious what you meant by it.
            Exactly what you think I meant . I use this nick everywhere I have to create an account (also Quake III and UT2003 online gameplay) and to most people it means nothing, except cases like yourself.

Comment

I went ahead and bought the xenarc because it's going to be perminatly embeded into the dash so I don't want any issues with it. I did get one with the new brighter CC and it is indeed nice and bright. Haven't tried it in direct sunlight yet.
              AutoPC: M10k, WinXP, gps, wifi, 80GB HD, dvd-RW. SB mp3+
              MediaEngine front end, map monkey, netstumbler.
              gps mouse is on the fritz.....stupid technology

Comment

it's a Smashing Pumpkins song

Comment

Originally posted by Centrek
                  it's a Smashing Pumpkins song
                  That is true too, it had some influence on my nickname selection. I wonder what that stands for in their song title.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryogen97
                    I went ahead and bought the xenarc because it's going to be perminatly embeded into the dash so I don't want any issues with it. I did get one with the new brighter CC and it is indeed nice and bright. Haven't tried it in direct sunlight yet.

which one did you get and from where? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by xyu
                      That is true too, it had some influence on my nickname selection. I wonder what that stands for in their song title.
                      "This is a little song I wrote about the feeling that you get when you really are hungry, when you're really hungry ,ya know like in the middle of the night when you wake up and you really want a Twinkie. That's what this song is about. I hope you can follow me it's kinda deep. Let's take a ride."
                      - Billy expains X.Y.U
                      2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Originally posted by j81bird
                        I have a lilliput comming in the mail soon,...
                        I will not be reading to much text on the screen any way. I am going to be watching lots of movies on my carputer. If you need a good screen for text then just get the Xenarc an be happy!
                        Now, where did you get the idea that the Xenarc is better than the Lilliput for text??
                        Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by heypachuco
                          Nothing but but praise for my Starvision.
                          What model and where did you get it? VGA? Touchscreen? TFT?

Comment

SP7VGA

VGA TTF monitor with touchscreen and two video inputs

I bought it from savinglots on ebay. They are in NY only a few hours from me. Call them and place the order though. I called them a week later looking for a tracking number and they told me there was no record of my payment being received. After sitting on hold for 10 minutes, they told me my payment info was on someones desk who was not in that day and my order would ship that afternoon. It arrived 2 days later.

As far as the monitor is concerned, I have no complaints.

Comment

Xenarc is way over priced, Lilliput is just as good. I got mine for only $260 shipped to my house. Ebay shipping was only 8 days but IT WAS worth it, I love my lcd, I am going to cut out my dash and make a new one with bondo. "love that stuff" I plan to have it put in next week. The guy I got my lcd is on ebay. He sells for less then anyone.
                              I will post a link if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X