No announcement yet.

My 'brand new' lilliput is 2nd hand????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 'brand new' lilliput is 2nd hand????

Around 2 or so days after I bought my 'brand new' lilliput from eBay I noticed that when the screen lost its connection (plug fell out, out of range resolution etc..) it would go all black in the middle and white around the sides and I could then notice a 'burnt in' image of the Jurassic Park movie logo (the one with the writing 'Jurassic Park' and a T-rex above it). I am dumbfounded as to HOW an LCD screen could have a burnt image like that but whenever I use the LCD now and the screen is black or real dark and I really try, I can see the outline of the logo. Anyway, I emailed back the supplier and told him of this and he apologised and told me to send it back for a replacement. Unfortunately for me I had already pulled it apart to modify it so I never sent it back.
    It doesnt really annoy me as I cant see it unless I really try and only if the screen is a dark colour, but I am just wondering if other people have had the same or similar problem.

Car PC v1 - 1999 - 2000
    DOS 6.22 - MPXF - 2x16 LCD - 6.4GB
    Car PC v2 - 2002 - 2006
    XP - 7" wide/touch - GPS - Tank batt relay - 100GB
    Car PC v3 - 2008
    XP - 7" wide/touch - GPS - 802.11g - FM/XM - OBDII - WWW

[||||||||||||||----] 80% complete

Do a search, this has been discussed several times before. I believe there is even one post with a technique to remove the burned-in image.
    2004 4runner

Comment

Originally posted by rando
      Do a search, this has been discussed several times before. I believe there is even one post with a technique to remove the burned-in image.
      'Several times' Ha!
      Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

hehe thanks Rando, I thought I was alone on this one :P

Found this here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...=lilliput+burn
        From what I remember it is indeed transistor memory, and it can be gotten rid of. To get rid of it basically means leaving the screen on a pure-white (or was it black?) for about a week or so. To prevent wearing out the backlight should be disconnected whilst doing this.

Car PC v1 - 1999 - 2000
        DOS 6.22 - MPXF - 2x16 LCD - 6.4GB
        Car PC v2 - 2002 - 2006
        XP - 7" wide/touch - GPS - Tank batt relay - 100GB
        Car PC v3 - 2008
        XP - 7" wide/touch - GPS - 802.11g - FM/XM - OBDII - WWW

[||||||||||||||----] 80% complete

Comment

Working...
        X