question about the usb connector on the back of the lilliput screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about the usb connector on the back of the lilliput screen

do i only need to use this if im connecting the video to composite cables? im using the serial cable and 9 pin connector to use my screen, so do i need the usb on the back for the touchscreen capabilities or what?

Yes the usb is for the touch screen if you do not use it no touch screen : (

Comment

Originally posted by DSM97RS
      do i only need to use this if im connecting the video to composite cables? im using the serial cable and 9 pin connector to use my screen, so do i need the usb on the back for the touchscreen capabilities or what?
      If you mean the one on the side...It's not really USB and it's only for the composite...

The touch screen goes through the main cable which splits at the end into a serial connector and a USB connector.
      Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by j81bird
        Yes the usb is for the touch screen if you do not use it no touch screen : (
        He's talking about the "USB" port on the side of the Lilliput case itself. It's not actually USB, they just used that probably because it fit, was cheap, and had the right number of pins. It's actually an analog breakout port that has the composite video, sound, and even power (it appears) so that if you want, you can run power from far away without needing to run a seperate power cable. If that's not correct, I'm sure someone will chime in.
        Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
        http://hallert.net/

Comment

thanks for the anwsers guys, the case i made for my screen wont allow me to use the USB LIKE port on the left side of the screen and i was making sure i didnt need it for the touchscreen. I ordered a 9 pin extension cable so ill still be able to use the usb that goes with the serial cable

Comment

Working...
          X