Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Lilliput indash conversion

Hey everyone,

I'm in the middle of converting my Lilliput to use the digitalWW indash housing.

I've got a problem. I just wired all of the buttons from the board to the new button PCB and all of the buttons work except for the menu button. I can get into the menu using the remote, but not by pressing the button. The button has +5v when the button is not pressed, and 0v when it is pressed, which is what it is supposed to do.

Does anyone know anywhere else I could test for a short for this button? Or does anyone have an idea why the menu button would not work even though I detect the voltage change?

There isn't any loose solder on the board that I can see. The menu button did work before I started the conversion.

Thanks for any help.

bump

Comment

to long of a wire? so not all 5v are getting back?
      Pete Kastner www.KastNERD.com

Comment

I tried measuring the voltage at the resistors that are on the board and it shows 5v there. So I don't think it has anything to do with not enough voltage getting to the chip. Not to mention that 0v signifies a button press so not enough voltage would mean the button is always pressed.

Comment

Same thing happened to me. Seemed to be a bad switch for menu, so I use the V1/V2 switch as the menu button. But I put a different screen in there that only needed three buttons excluding the power button.

Comment

Originally posted by mestre
            Same thing happened to me. Seemed to be a bad switch for menu, so I use the V1/V2 switch as the menu button. But I put a different screen in there that only needed three buttons excluding the power button.
            I don't think this is a bad switch because the voltage across the switch changes just like the other switches do. But thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

I can just tell you to have the screen open and press the button and see if you get a voltage across the pin5 and the ground.
              http://www.digitalww.com/VGA_Lillipu...ash_HowTo.html

I suppose you can also check the switch itself set at resistance and see if you multimeter goes from infinity to zero. How did you soldier it? I used the resistor points that Cdrskull drew up and I had no problems.
              Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

As it turns out the Lilliput does not respond to the menu button when the it doesn't have a vga signal, or atleast mine doesn't. Once I hooked up the VGA cable it started responding to the menu button. I guess this is what I get for testing things as I go. :P

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Comment

Working...
                X