In-Dash Monitor??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-Dash Monitor??

Hey, can someone please direct me to a good In-Dash Monitor. I dont know much about these. Here's what I need:

-Motorized Face
    -7" Screen more or less, preferably Panasonic LCD.
    -2 a/v inputs, also an audio output to go to my aux in in my cd player
    -VGA or composite, either or, i dont really know the difference???
    -Only need it for a DVD player and a Playstation
    -800 x 600 or more
    -NTSC/PAL auto switchable
    -Around $250

Thanks for the help!!

Originally posted by EddieJohnson
    Hey, can someone please direct me to a good In-Dash Monitor. I dont know much about these. Here's what I need:

-Motorized Face
    -7" Screen more or less, preferably Panasonic LCD.
    -2 a/v inputs, also an audio output to go to my aux in in my cd player
    -VGA or composite, either or, i dont really know the difference???
    -Only need it for a DVD player and a Playstation
    -800 x 600 or more
    -NTSC/PAL auto switchable
    -Around $250

Thanks for the help!!
    digitalww.com has what you need but it's going to cost you a lot more than $250

Comment

"Only need it for a DVD player and a Playstation"

just a plain old composite will do fine unless you are going carputer one day.

heres a couple links from my

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18962

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22273

you will notice that they were not happy with the screen and wanted to go to a VGA setup...that is a carputer thing, your dvd and playstation should be just fine. It seems to have 2 inputs, so that should work well also.
      2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Thanks!

Would you happen to know what the model name and manufacturer of that monitor is so i can go on ebay? Thanks a bunch!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38650

They are from Hong Kong, so be warned, when it goes bad, make electronics friends in the USA, or it is a $70 round trip!
          2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the link. Is the image quality alright? Is is better than this one i found on ebay??

7" In Dash Monitor

Comment

Probably not a ton of difference at the level we are talking. Note it is not a motorized unit though. If you want reliable, and great service, and dont care about the motorized part, look at the DigitalWW site
              You cant go wrong, if it breaks, he can fix it, if you need help he is there. Keep out of Hong Kong, imo
              2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

In-Dash Monitor

I wish I could get it off of digitalww, but it seems that they are out of stock.
                Does this one look alright, I believe it almost the same as the other I found on ebay, but its not from Hong Kong.

In-Dash monitor

Thanks so much for your help on everything!

Comment

Aspect Ratio

If the aspect ratio says 16:9 is it switchable? Can it still use the whole screen, or just the widescreen area? Thanks again!

Comment

That looks like a great deal, should work well. And, if you ever need to go to a vga setup, a lilly should fit right in that housing (ok, its not THAT easy, but not too bad) As far as stretching or what it will look like, I am not really sure, all I have messed with is a VGA setup, never a composite only, so maybe someone else has input?
                    2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks a bunch for your input. Hey I may seem like an idiod but can someone tell me if these two are the same or different??

TM-702L--Ebay

or

TM-702L In Dash Screen

I also saw this one that looks about the same, but it says its 800x 600 and motorized and also says XGA, would this be worth the 80 bucks more??

XGA Motorized

Comment

I wish I could get it off of digitalww, but it seems that they are out of stock.
                        Does this one look alright, I believe it almost the same as the other I found on ebay, but its not from Hong Kong.

In-Dash monitor

Thanks so much for your help on everything!
                        This is my auction on ebay. I'm selling them for $200 shipped for members of this forum.

Comment

Thanks a bunch for your input. Hey I may seem like an idiod but can someone tell me if these two are the same or different??

TM-702L--Ebay

or

TM-702L In Dash Screen

I also saw this one that looks about the same, but it says its 800x 600 and motorized and also says XGA, would this be worth the 80 bucks more??

XGA Motorized
                          What is up with these specs for 7" LCDs. I see all kinds of strange stuff listed for them.

Take the XGA Motorized[/QUOTE]. It says XGA, which is 1024x768 (4:3 ratio). It says 800x600, which is SVGA (4:3). It says 16:9 ratio. It says the dot pitch is .282x.282, which would make it about 11" diagonal at 800x600. The inputs are NTSC and PAL (I don't even remeber what those resolutions are, but they are none of the above).

The other LCDs that you linked, both show a video with black bands at the top and bottom. WTF is up with that on a widescreen monitor?

Comment

In case noobs other than me wonder what to do about these bars:

Because driver issues may mean that a 4:3 resolution (say 800x600) is running on the display (native resolution of 800x480) and the DVD player will add such bars to a widescreen movie on what it is in fact a 4:3 resolution.

The best way around this is to tell WinDVD NOT to use a set ratio and let it fill the screen. As it is a 4:3 resolution it stretches the widescreen image vertically and then it gets squished back down to widescreen by the nature of the display. Should work out nicely.
                            EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
                            Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
                            XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

Whoa! That Innovatek XGA motorized monitor you posted looks great.

I've been looking for in-dash monitors as well. I'm looking to have it for a Carputer though, will this monitor work with my PC? If so how do I connect it up? Also, do you guys think this is a good monitor too? What's pros/cons compared to other units?

Comment

Working...
                              X