Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Xenarc (brighter model) and Lilliput Comparison shots- *post your pics here*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Xenarc (brighter model) and Lilliput Comparison shots- *post your pics here*

i there,

i am desperatly trying to decide whether to get a 400 NITS lilliput and have to put up with Jurassic park everyso often or get the newer Xenarc 280NITS with the brigther and better viewing angle Panel.

Digitalww's comparision is quite revealing, to me there is no contest, the older xenarc looks crap to be fair, but on hearing that the newer one is noticeably brighter id love to see some side by side shots. Maybe even old Xenarc and new Xenarc.

cheers

Jamie

is there actually a newer one? xenarc's site seems to list an expensive "kit" to make their xenarc brighter, but nothing about a "new and improved" xenarc.

Comment

nevermind, i see what you're referring to.

Comment

I'm very interested in seeing this too. I really don't mind paying for better quality but if there is no major difference I would rather save the money for add-ons.

Comment

so no one has a new xenarc? i dont believe that

Comment

i have the new xenarc but ive never had an old one, nor have i ever had a lilliput so I don't have anything to compare it to. I'm happy with how bright my xenarc is and the quality is very high in every aspect.

Comment

I'm getting a new Xenarc as a replacement to the older model in a couple of weeks. I'll see if I can borrow my dad's Xenarc (the older model, same as my one i'm getting replaced) while he's on holiday, and my mate's Lilliput too, and see if I can do a comparison shot of the 3 of them

Garry
              Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
              www.aimee.cc

Comment

ks cute = post some pics would be cool, in the light and in the dark

confused: -yeah that would be wicked m8

Comment

Although, I've never seen them compared, the new xenarc is 400 nits, so in theory it should be the exact same brightness as the lilliput.
                  StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                  Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                  The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

except that the lilliput isnt 400 nits regardless of what the documentation says (especially after the touchscreen is applied). the old xenarc also used to claim 400 if i recall correctly. forget the specs for this sort of comparison, they're useless.

Comment

The 700TS was listed as 250 NITS when I bought it.

Originally posted by robr
                      except that the lilliput isnt 400 nits regardless of what the documentation says (especially after the touchscreen is applied). the old xenarc also used to claim 400 if i recall correctly. forget the specs for this sort of comparison, they're useless.
                      Stop Buying New Music CD's.
                      Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

i guess i recall incorrectly . where IS the cheapest place to buy a xenarc these days? i hate spending so much more, but it seems the reliability on the lilliput and starvision are really unpredictable.

Comment

I bought mine on ebay, paid alot too!

I think it was 500.00 delivered. at the time (about nine months ago) that was the average price. I'm not too sure about quality issues, I have been having my calibration go out of whack for seemingly different reasons and am trying their latest drivers now. Is the starvision a poor quality monitor?

Originally posted by robr
                          i guess i recall incorrectly . where IS the cheapest place to buy a xenarc these days? i hate spending so much more, but it seems the reliability on the lilliput and starvision are really unpredictable.
                          Stop Buying New Music CD's.
                          Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Originally posted by live2themaxuk
                            ks cute = post some pics would be cool, in the light and in the dark

confused: -yeah that would be wicked m8
                            I'll see what I can do, all i have to take pictures with is my camera phone.

Comment

I'd really be interested in what LCD module is in it! From what I understand, the old one had a Panasonic and the new one has the same Hatachi as the Lilliput, and the light kit is something totally seperate.

Comment

Working...
                              X