Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody here use the 8" VGA touchscreen from DigitalWW?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody here use the 8" VGA touchscreen from DigitalWW?

I just wanted to get some input on this model:

PHP Code:
    http://www.digitalww.com/VGA_TM_810VGT.htm 
    Cheers!

I got the same exact one off eBay, works great, as advertised. I am glad I went with an 8", I don't think 7" would have cut it for me.

Comment

Do you have it instaled in your car ?I wanted to see if it wasnt to big to use in a car environment.
      Here in Portugal we have great weather, lots of brunnets, party a lot,drink a lot....
      http://img138.echo.cx/img138/896/bannerjoshua5dy.jpg

Comment

I heard that this screen does not support a resulution of 600 x 800. Is this true? Also is it in 4:3 or 16:9 ratio. It looks like it is 4:3 because it's square not wide screen. A 7'' wide screen seems that it would have the same with.
        Opus case. MB 899 core duo 2.0ghz
        Dual vga out, 400 gb hard drive, Centrefuse front end
        zapco 1000.4 for zapco 6.5 componets
        zapco 1100.1 for 2 13" W6.

Comment

also judging by specs its got an 80ms response time. Ghosting anyone?

Comment

I got mine from cartft.com last week and it looks fine to me. It's the only one I've seen but just the blurriness of the touchscreen is all that bugs me.

It's a 4:3 aspect ratio, just like a standard computer monitor. I have it at 800 X 600 at 85 hz(I think, if not it's 80) right now, I think 1040 X 768 it too small to hit buttons. Where it's bigger is it's height as compared to the 7" lilliputs. It looks normal since it's a square as oppesed to the 7" rectangle Lilliput. I'll be mounting mine on a gooseneck since I don't have any good spots to install it in the dash. I really think that a 7" would have been too small and that this one is as small as I'd go. I really havn't noticed any ghosting yet. Like I said, viually the worst thing is the touch screen on top but there's no option to change that and it's not that bad, I'm just not use to it. Oh, and the one I got from cartft.com is black with blue backlit buttons. I think it looks a lot better than the grey one, but that's probably just because my interior is black.

I don't have any pictures but they've been posted on here and they're the ones I checked out before buying it.

- Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by the_dude
              I'll be mounting mine on a gooseneck since I don't have any good spots to install it in the dash. - Kyle
              Have you decided on one yet? I am looking for one and have found several but I can't figure out which to buy.

Comment

I just bought the one from parts express(search "gooseneck"). I looked at a lot of others but I chose this because it directly connects to the monitor(instead of a back plate with some screwholes), the adjustment of the screen with the ball joint and that the other end might connect to my car without putting a hole in the interior.

- Kyle

Comment

Hay_dude, whats do you mean about "visually the worst thing is the touch screen on top but there's no option to change". I am really looking into purchasing one of these 8'' monitors but i have not heard or seen to many pics on them.
                  Opus case. MB 899 core duo 2.0ghz
                  Dual vga out, 400 gb hard drive, Centrefuse front end
                  zapco 1000.4 for zapco 6.5 componets
                  zapco 1100.1 for 2 13" W6.

Comment

I bought mine from cartft.com as well. VERY happy with the service I received. The box that mine came with is labelled as 809GL-80NP/C/T and the one on digitalww is listed as 810* I am not sure what the differences are but everything seems to be the same(maybe newer revision). Absolutely LOVE the monitor. I run at 800x600 75hz w/o problems. Here is a before and after for comparison sake.

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Sedan (Sold)
                    2007 Scion tC
                    WhereIsMyGPS.net Online Tracker
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/leddy

Comment

i noticed it had a wierd connector. Is it a true VGA screen? Can you just solder on a dsub or what do you have to do?

-Dustin

Comment

Wow.. i like your project!

I have the same issue about the heat controllers..
                        Gonna move down them and some other buttons and the board computer i do not know. Gonna take some sparepart dash board and test some on that one.
                        Dont wanna damage mine like that heh..

did you build the front of the tft yourself or is it the original?
                        80 GIG SATA
                        512MB
                        7 TFT Touch Super
                        Pioner Slot in DVD-RW writer
                        108 Mbit Wireless Lan
                        100 M Bluetooth Range
                        //Power Nisse

My Betasite -> http://haagen.se

Comment

DustinR,

It is a true VGA, it looks odd but at the other end of the connection is a usb connection and a vga connection.

inniss777

What I meant was that the overlay(or blurriness of looking through) of the touchscreen far outwieghs whatever resolution complaints someone might have.

After recieving it and using it now for about a week I don't think I would have chosen a different monitor. It's vga, it's a 4:3 ratio(square), it's bright, it's clear, it's a ts and I got it in black. The one thing I did do was bypass the little 12volt regulator that it comes with to run in your car becaue it doesn't give the screen enough power so it becomes dim. I run it off the 12 volts straight from the computer with no problems.

- Kyle

Comment

thanks man. I just might have to give it a try myself.

-Dustin

Comment

Originally posted by Power_nisse
                              Wow.. i like your project!

I have the same issue about the heat controllers..
                              Gonna move down them and some other buttons and the board computer i do not know. Gonna take some sparepart dash board and test some on that one.
                              Dont wanna damage mine like that heh..

did you build the front of the tft yourself or is it the original?

It's the full lilli molded into the dash. Had to sand out the holes a little bit once painted cause the buttons didn't feel right.

Thanks for the compliment, good luck on yours!
                              2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Sedan (Sold)
                              2007 Scion tC
                              WhereIsMyGPS.net Online Tracker
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/leddy

Comment

Working...
                              X