Epia-M 800x480 WinXP VGA driver download - last call

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epia-M 800x480 WinXP VGA driver download - last call

Today is you last chance to download test BIOS and WindowsXP driver that supports 800x480 resolution. I will close FTP account tommorow.
    Details can be found here:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...8&page=4&pp=15

Please report bugs to me only, not to VIA!

SWEET!! Thanks for putting that up, Patton!

In the interest of keeping this available for everyone, I have placed it on a server I manage here at work.

Please be polite and do not beat up my server, or I will have to take it off. Use the links below to DL the files.

http://web2.access-k12.org/bios.zip
    http://web2.access-k12.org/wIShld_test.zip
    So far:
    M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

BIOS??? You mean I have to flash my bios??? I don't have a floppy anymore...I would I accomplish that? BootCD?

Comment

Originally posted by nl4jy
        BIOS??? You mean I have to flash my bios??? I don't have a floppy anymore...I would I accomplish that? BootCD?
        Yes, you do, since VideoBIOS is for onboard VGA part of main BIOS. In order to do so, you can created boot floppy on computer with FDD drive, place BIOS data file and flash utility on it. Then all you have to do is burn bootable CD using such created floppy.
        When done with BIOS upgrade, update WindowsXP driver from second archive as usually.

Comment

Anyone know if this would work with the CL board?

Comment

Will the Bios upgrade only for Epia-M??
            Will it work in my Epia 800??

Comment

Originally posted by mpattonm
              Today is you last chance to download test BIOS and WindowsXP driver that supports 800x480 resolution. I will close FTP account tommorow.
              Details can be found here:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...8&page=4&pp=15

Please report bugs to me only, not to VIA!

Okay, not to sound like a choad or anything, but am I missing something here??? I have the VIA M10000 MB with Windows XP and have no problem getting 800 x 480 resolution....

If I remember right, when I clicked the "show all" thingy in the setup screen under Windows XP in the advanced section there was many, many, many different resolutions and frequencies available....

So what am I missing????

Comment

Originally posted by dug1967
                Okay, not to sound like a choad or anything, but am I missing something here??? I have the VIA M10000 MB with Windows XP and have no problem getting 800 x 480 resolution....

If I remember right, when I clicked the "show all" thingy in the setup screen under Windows XP in the advanced section there was many, many, many different resolutions and frequencies available....

So what am I missing????
                Are you using onboard video or a PCI video card?

If you use onboard video, what BIOS revision and what WinXP VGA driver revision are you using?
                SeeYa! -Jim-

Comment

Originally posted by STI_FFY
                  Are you using onboard video or a PCI video card?

If you use onboard video, what BIOS revision and what WinXP VGA driver revision are you using?
                  Using Onboard Video....

At the moment don't know the answer to the other two, I am building the case now, so components are not hooked up.... I will check when they are bootable....

So is it just an issue with older Mother Boards?

Comment

Is there a way I can use this with Win2k ?

thanks.

Comment

Any idea on when this will become official?

Also, if this messes up my system, will I be able to revert back?

Comment

Originally posted by dug1967
                        Using Onboard Video....

At the moment don't know the answer to the other two, I am building the case now, so components are not hooked up.... I will check when they are bootable....

So is it just an issue with older Mother Boards?
                        Please check and let us know. There was a BIOS and driver available once which was suporting this resolution but it is gone for long time now and so if you have confirmed and working combination of BIOS and driver we are all interested anyway. Second opton to try.

Comment

Originally posted by afr0puff
                          Any idea on when this will become official?

Also, if this messes up my system, will I be able to revert back?
                          Never. It has been custom created specifically "for us"and will never be released to public. Yes, it can be reversed by simply flashing official BIOS back and driver downgrade.

Comment

How did you flash it?

I put it on a bootable USB key that I have and whenever I run the app it just sort of hangs for a while. I let it sit for a few minutes and then gave up and rebooted. Has anyone had success with an M1000 and this app, with a USB key? Or should I make a bootable CD next to try?

-Gremlin
                            -G
                            try the AutoTouch FrontEnd

Comment

oooops!!!

I didn't read the whole post it says WinXP and I have Win2k, and I'm having problems with it. if I hook it up to my CRT, it will work as 800x480, but if I hook it up to my lilli as soon as it gets to win2k (after it boots) it shows me a blue screen (like there's no signal there).

If I hook it back to the CRT I have to do a reboot before I can get an image on it. What do ya'll think?

I think it's a driver problem, being that i'm not using XP, but I'm not sure. And the fact that it works till it gets to the Win2k desktop.
                              '96 Chevy Cavalier - EPIA M10000, Win2K,MediaCar, Deluo GPS Mouse with Routis, 60GB external HD, 7" widescreen monitor from DigitalWW.

'00 Jeep Wrangler - planning stage

What can BROWN do for you?

Comment

Working...
                              X