Ne1 Find a Touchscreen for PS1?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ne1 Find a Touchscreen for PS1?

Has ne1 out there found a good site to get a CHEAP touchscreen overlay for a PS1 screen in the car? I found this one from the sticky. Have to email for price.

www.eelyecw.com

Got an email suggesting this one, but still waiting on price. They sell usb controllers that are good w/ windows, but I'm worried about the price on that!

The ps1 screen is just over 5 inches, and this one says it will cover almost all of it. Using a finger trackball in the car could get you to those hard-to-reach corners, so that's not an issue when you're using mediacar.

I'm bad at math, but it looks like this will have about 1/16th of an inch (the metric system is the tool of the devil. . . ) on each edge of the screen.

Let me know what you think, or if you've put one together with a PS1. Thanx
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination god I can't believe I did it...

i would like to know also
    Mitspro

Comment

pffft metric system is newer and so much easier to understand compared to the imperial used back when Jesus was in school. :P

Car PC v1 - 1999 - 2000
      DOS 6.22 - MPXF - 2x16 LCD - 6.4GB
      Car PC v2 - 2002 - 2006
      XP - 7" wide/touch - GPS - Tank batt relay - 100GB
      Car PC v3 - 2008
      XP - 7" wide/touch - GPS - 802.11g - FM/XM - OBDII - WWW

[||||||||||||||----] 80% complete

Comment

yeah, but i heard he sucked at math... kept insisting the he could divide a loaf of bread and a fish to everyone. drove the teacher mad...
        "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a b@$#*??!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gubon13
          yeah, but i heard he sucked at math... kept insisting the he could divide a loaf of bread and a fish to everyone. drove the teacher mad...
          You guys are freakin hilarious!

Here's the email I've recieved. Good news and bad news. Read for yourself.

That sounds great! However, the shipping is painful. Is there any other way? Where is it shipping from? Could you send it ground mail? Let me know!

Thamx

~PaPP~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 2:11 AM
          To: Papp
          Cc: TEE Pearl
          Subject: Re: Playstation screen

Dear Phil

The price for one set only is US$30.-/set. ( Touch screen with controller + driver ) ( You don't have to program that)

However, the fedex freight cost would be around US$40.-

Thank you very much.

Best Regards

Pearl Hsu
          Manager
          International Trading Div
          Sales & Marketing Dept.
          Taipei EELY-ECW Co., Ltd.
          6F., No.110, Chung Cheng Road, Sec 1,
          Shih-Lin District, Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.

TEL: + 886 2 2834 1110 ext 180
          FAX: + 886 2 2834 2293
          E-mail: [email protected]
          URL: www.eelyecw.com

__________________________________________________ _

That's GREAT! 30$ for a touch screen overlay with controller!

That's FREAKIN ****TY! 40$ For shipping on probably 2.5 pounds (and for you other people, 1.133981 kg.)!

Well, I'm goin to see if there's a US distributer or something closer, or just look around for another company. However, something tells me this is my best bet. I think it's EARTHLCD that offers a kit for a 5.6 in (14.244 cm) screen, but the kit is 95$ + Shipping. Boo for that. I want it for like 40$. I spent 35 on the PS1 screen, and that plus another 65 on the touchscreen is l100$. With that much I'd almost spend the extra for a real touchscreen lcd - a 6" or something. I'm rambling, sorry.
          (\__/)
          (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination god I can't believe I did it...

Comment

You should start a new thread and see if people want to get in on a group buy. That should cut the shipping costs down.
            "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a b@$#*??!!"

Comment

True. I'll start it tonight. Good idea, thanx!
              (\__/)

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...215#post197215

Go here to get involved in the group buy and keep posted on progress!

~PaPP~
                (\__/)

Comment

Working...
                X