How to install LCD in 2003 Tahoe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install LCD in 2003 Tahoe

Hey, Does anyone have any sources in San Diego to install a 7" Lilliput into a 2003 Tahoe. I would like to install in the center console. Here is a picture of a "flip-out" screen, but I want to re-fabricate this entire plastic console to get a custom effect. Any contacts - ideas - places to buy this part online - would be appreciated!

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71
    STOLEN - M10000, 512MB, 60GB 2.5" HDD, 7" Custom mounted Lilliput, Morex 3688 Case, 90W PSU w/ ITPS, GPS & CD-RW/DVD. New parts ordered for the next generation!

not to be rude. But wouldnt it be better to make it yourself. And say you did that piece of art.
    I GIVE FREE HUGS!
    Buy Sell or Trade
    If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
    Thank you
    Forex
    Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

I would do it if I had the plastic experience necessary. This thing has gotta look stock. If I did it, it would look like a kid hacked it together with some paper and paste.
      2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71
      STOLEN - M10000, 512MB, 60GB 2.5" HDD, 7" Custom mounted Lilliput, Morex 3688 Case, 90W PSU w/ ITPS, GPS & CD-RW/DVD. New parts ordered for the next generation!

Comment

lol, well you could also look at it this way, Image is not everything. But besides that there is plenty of info on this site for help. You could also, before you start, find out how much it would cost to get a replacement factory piece incase it does turn out looking like an old school project. Plus I think you might be taking more time to look for it already made.
        I GIVE FREE HUGS!
        Buy Sell or Trade
        Thank you
        Forex
        Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

True - I am curious as to cost - I'll call a dealer tomorrow. I have looked all over for "pre-assembled" pieces. This component snaps in place - so you would think there would be one out there. If you know of any, let me know.
          2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

Comment

will do.
            I GIVE FREE HUGS!
            Buy Sell or Trade
            Thank you
            Forex
            Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Hello,
              I am also looking to install this into my silverado. Any word on the custom plastic lcd cover?

My truck did not come with the added front center console peice. Does anyone know were to get this?

Thanks,
              Mark

Comment

Check with your local chevy dealer.
                I have a 2001 Tahoe and made a custom bezel for my Xenarc screen.
                I purchased a replacement bezel and modified it using aquamend epoxy filler found at Home Depot for around 2 or three bucks per tube. I used 3 tubes in my project.

I'll post pics later.

Comment

2001 Chevy Tahoe Work in Progress

This is what I made with a factory bezel, Xenarc shroud, and a couple tubes of Aquamend putty.
                  This is a work in progress...still need to spray with vinyl and install slotload combo drive.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very impressive. I would like to do the same to my Truck.
                    Why did you choose the xenarc?
                    Thanks for the pictures.
                    Mark

Comment

I had a similiar problem, not with a truck but with my Celica - no damn room for an LCD. I wound up using a security camera mount and it works beautiful, as i can angle the screen any way I like and it wont bounce or shift from bumps (unless i hit really bad pot holes) and you wont have to do anything to your dash except make a hole for vga/power and a small hole or two or three to bolt the camera mount itself... if you'd like pics let me know
                      1994 Toyota Celica
                      Dual Battery Tank System
                      Intel Mobo/Celery 2.2GHz + & 160gb HDD (w/ 12v power supply)
                      Cat5 ports and 120v AC power plugs in console (600 watt inverter in trunk)
                      Underbody and Interior lighting

LAN Party on wheels!

Comment

Thanks.
                        After reading different posts etc. I felt that the Xenarc screen was the best fit for my needs.
                        Although it was a little expensive.

Comment

Hello,
                          Can you tell me the model number of the xenarc? I would like to do something similiar in my 2500hd 01'.
                          Thanks,
                          Mark

Comment

Custom mounted siren?

Hi there!

I'm thinking about getting a Whelen police siren to install in that space. It's 6.5" wide 2 3/8" tall and 6.5" deep. First of all, will that even fit? and if so, is that something you could help me with?

Thanks.

Brad

Comment

Working...
                            X