Lcd Laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lcd Laptop

Does anybody here know anything about laptop LCD SCREENS? Because there are a load of them in e-bay for real cheap pulled from used systems. I would like to get one and buy the hardware for use with a standard VGA adapter for use in my experiment. I'm running on a budget obviously.
    www.RAIDGEAR.net Engineering :: Research, Development and Art - all is one www.DrStein99.com

Yup, many of us know it does not work.
    TruckinMP3
    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

even the most basic search would've answered this in a matter of seconds
      Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
      Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
      I'M DEBT FREE!!
      I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Originally posted by wizardPC
        even the most basic search would've answered this in a matter of seconds
        Ok I am new to this obviously. Also very confused to the equipment list of converters, inverters, etc.... I did do a search, and found some endless supply of information that confused me. It looks like to me that there are alot of people trying.

I would like to start building a system for use in a car, I know I want a light-weight screen mounted on a gooseneck, and 7" seems a little small. I know if I just do a little pokeing around I will be able to get some prototype in the works.

So if my questions are out of line, I apologize I am new to LCD technology, the terminology and the hardware involved. Simply trying to learn thats all. Thanks for response.
        www.RAIDGEAR.net Engineering :: Research, Development and Art - all is one www.DrStein99.com

Comment

Heh, don't worry about WizardPC's post. It's a tough-love kind of thing. What you're trying to achieve has been looked into various times on this board and is very difficult and in many cases more expensive than simply purchasing a Xenarc/Lilliput/etc screen. Laptop LCDs require a controller card, and without going into the specifics, they suck. Stay away from this for now. Since you're a beginner, buying a ready-to-go screen might be the best solution.

MD

Comment

Originally posted by TruckinMP3
            Yup, many of us know it does not work.

Was true in 2000 still true in '04. Good luck!
            TruckinMP3
            D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Working...
            X