Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starvision VGA. Daytime pictures. 56k beware.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starvision VGA. Daytime pictures. 56k beware.

Well just finished installing the carpc and here are the results.

Im very happy with the brightness. I actually had to lower it because it was too bright. As some of you have mentioned there is a bit of that yellow but I can fix that with the videocard. I also gota tell ya that the 250 dc-dc psu I bought is also amazing. No feedback at all. Sound is crystal clear. Even with the onboard audio. Touchscreen is excelent. Very responsive. With the results iv seen, i wouldnt mind recomending this screen to anyone. Unless my standards are too low. But you folks with the xenarcs and lilliputs should know better than me. So there ya go. Ill have more pics of my setup when everything is back in place and wires are tucked away nice and all.

How do you fix the yellowing with the video card/software settings? I tried but gave up..

Comment

looks good. is the light on the screen from the sun? what about some angle shots? and how do you compare the brightness to say a laptop or home lcd monitor?

sq geek, in your display properties setting, and in the advanced setting, most vga monitor allow you to adjust colors and color temperature.

if you dont see it, try to upgrade to the newest manufacture driver.

Comment

To fix the yellowing, go into Display Properties->advanced-> color

There should be a diagonal line that you can move about to fix any color that the screen stays on.
        Providence is borne on the breath of prophecy.
        P4 2.66 | 1024 MB PC3200 | 4x Memorex DVD+RW | Memorex 52x24x52 CDRW | 200 and 60 GB HDDs | Antec 400W PSU

Comment

Zijester, do you power the monitor from the psu or the car's 12V (lighter?)

Comment

Originally posted by Providence
            To fix the yellowing, go into Display Properties->advanced-> color

There should be a diagonal line that you can move about to fix any color that the screen stays on.
            OK, thanks..

But which way to you move it? Away from "yellow" ?

Comment

nice! I'm curious what kind of car is that in?

Comment

Originally posted by sq_geek
                OK, thanks..

But which way to you move it? Away from "yellow" ?
                whatever works
                2000 Jeep Cherokee
                -CarPC: [_____]50% complete
                -planning done, still need a few parts
                -In-dash motorized VGA is finally out, need $$$
                -Need to replace factory HU

Comment

93 mazda mx6 That glare in the last picture is from the flash. Forget to shut it off.

Comment

Another MX6 - excellent. That fascia bit your screen will be hiding behind - does that go all the way over over the dash to the door? Any tips for how to remove it? It's a big piece, and looks like an expensive bit to break :-)

C!

[edit] Oh - where are your airconditioning controls now?
                    http://carpc.riposte.net
                    I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

Yeah

I am curious to that too, I am about to install one into my 95 MX-6 also, i was going to take up the radio and the compartment under it and install the radio in my glovebox. Are you just moving the controls into your glovebox?
                      Arguing over the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics; you may win, but you are still retarded.
                      CarPC status: Umm... its been done about 3 times already... so... yeah.

Comment

3 year old thread??? hope you get an answer

Comment

Working...
                        X