• Xenarc 700TR - 7" roof-mount VGA w/ TS

Has anyone else seen this???

http://www.xenarc.com/product/700tr.html

Brightness: 350 cd/mē
    Contrast: 150 : 1
    Viewing Angle: L&R 40°, Top 15°, Down 35°
    Dimension (in): 7.19 x 5.14 x 1.10
    Heh, even comes with IR wireless headphones

Only thing that got me was that the brightness listed for both the touch and the non-touch model (two separate web pages) were both the same at 350 cd/mē ....? Also it doesn't seem like its available for purchase yet, as it's not in the XenarcDirect store, even though its being advertised on their homepage

Seems like a definate answer to me (or anyone else lacking dash space)
    '03 Acura TL PC FINISHED!!
    MP3CAR

Well, it would be nice just to not have the sunglare issue! Depends a lot on application if it will fit and not be too obstructive. Plus, everyone and the cops will see it.
    2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

what would be cool is if you can get the image to rotate 180 degrees...then you can mount the thing on the top of your dash:-)
      "If it works this good why F with it?" -KMFDM "Intro"

Strive for ethical wardriving: http://faq.wardrive.net/

My CarCPUs: v1 - 2000 | v2 - 2004
      Mp3Car Meets: http://detrimental.org/eyecandy/MP3CarMeets

Comment

Originally posted by kandyman676
        what would be cool is if you can get the image to rotate 180 degrees...then you can mount the thing on the top of your dash:-)
        You could do this with most video drivers.
        Aura MR62 (F and R)
        My Current MP3s
        IamDefiler.com

Comment

some more info

Just got off the phone w/ xenarc. They say this screen will be released within the first weeks of June. Also the specs on the brightness are incorrect. For the NON-touch version, the brightness falls in at 350nits, but the touch-panel version only reduces brightness by 50 for a total of 300 nits, making it 20 nits brighter than the current 700TSV. Additionally, the hinges that fold the screen down have a higher resistance, so touching the screen will not change its position.

I'm probably gonna sell my new 700TSV as this is much more suitable for my setup

Price will be somewhere between $499-$549 for the 700TR (touchscreen model, from xenarcdirect)

Is anyone else in the market for this type of screen?
          MP3CAR

Comment

Why would you want a touchscreen in a roof mounted screen?
            Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

I dont know...? it doesn't sound like a bad idea...my ceiling's not that high in the car so the screen would come down a bit relative to where i'm sitting. Maybe i'm overlooking something? I know i would lose view of the rear view mirror (when im actually using the screen) but that doesnt seem like too much of a sacrifice to me
              MP3CAR

Comment

I'd buy it if it comes out.

Comment

Who all bought this Xenarc 700TR?

Hello, all. I just got one of these Xenarc 700TR (http://www.xenarc.com/product/700tr.html) displays for my system. Did any of you get one, and did you have problems with the tilt and swivel mechanics wearing out? It seems to me that eventually one of these things will happen to my new display, and I should just return it now and get someone else's flip-down:

1. The hinges will loosen, and not stay in position anymore
                  2. The hinges will break, since it's just a 1/4" chromed pin held in a plastic frame.
                  3. The plastic frame of the hinge will pinch the cables off.

Not too mention I cannot even flip the display past about 40 degrees (if closed is o degrees) . So in other words I cannot even open the display to a right angle, much less open flat like it shows on the box.

Comment

Originally posted by madmangler
                    Not too mention I cannot even flip the display past about 40 degrees (if closed is o degrees) . So in other words I cannot even open the display to a right angle, much less open flat like it shows on the box.
                    It will flip out more, just push it harder - I know it feels like it's going to break. It's very tight so it won't move around while your driving around, hitting bumps, etc.

Comment

To anyone who has gotten this, are the maplights actually bright enough? I know that might not seem like a big deal, but to me it is

Comment

I'm sure you can put higher wattage bulbs in it, if they're aren't....
                        Current Setup

Nexus 7 Tablet
                        Built in head unit
                        Brutus 1500Watt Amp
                        Two Boston 12" subs

2006 Infiniti M45 Sport ;) My 4 door Camaro... lol

Comment

I replaced the two lights with LED replacement bulbs...

www.superbrightleds.com

Do a search for "WLED"

and select the "WLED-6 LED bulb"....available in other colors besides white too...

AMAZING bulbs, looks real slick in my black interior, and produces a REAL white light, rather than those yellowish incandecent glows...
                          MP3CAR

Comment

Originally posted by neutral
                            To anyone who has gotten this, are the maplights actually bright enough? I know that might not seem like a big deal, but to me it is
                            I have one installed in my Trailblazer, and the map lights work very well. I might almost say that they are too bright (they glare a little off the front glass).

I too have concerns with the durability of the hinge, however, I am impressed with Xenarc's service and support and will give them the opportunity to offer repairs should the design fail.

Must say that I would have preferred to mount a screen in the dash, however, didn't have the room. I like the flip down, as it can still "be a truck" when I need it to be, but can be "cool" with the click of a button.

I will get some pictures of my installation online in the next few days.

Comment

Working...
                            X