Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liliput and Games?? will you be able to play lets say NFS undergound in the car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liliput and Games?? will you be able to play lets say NFS undergound in the car?

I noticed on the feature list on this side says

-Support computer display resolution up to 1024 x 768

so it sould work fine ? ..... but i read other treads saying someting like 800*480 or something?

can anyone clarify???

also ... to what res should the thing be run to display mediaengine nicely ?? with the liliput?

any resolution the other than the native resolution the lilliput will just streach to fill the screen, and if NFS:U looks anywhere as good as it does on my PS1 screen you're in for a treat! Just Pick 800x600 for the image to look clear, the main problem with the games is the horsepower to run them what is your carpc specs? i have a 1.7 Ghz celeron with a radeon 7500 and i can just barely play NFS (with all graphical options on) smoothly

Comment

well .. i have built it .. but havent installed it yet ... getting the screen shortly ...

what i have built right now is 3.0GHZ 800fsb P4 , 512mb ram 2700 , geforce FX5200 256mb agp , 120gb 7200rpm SATA drive

runs real fast , havent tinkered with it yet .... works fine at home ....but im concerned about power in the car ... need to try it out

I have another question ..... how will the video card know ... that it should run 16:9 ??? will the drivers do that ?? or it will always run in strech?

Comment

Originally posted by Q_gamelogic
        well .. i have built it .. but havent installed it yet ... getting the screen shortly ...

what i have built right now is 3.0GHZ 800fsb P4 , 512mb ram 2700 , geforce FX5200 256mb agp , 120gb 7200rpm SATA drive

runs real fast , havent tinkered with it yet .... works fine at home ....but im concerned about power in the car ... need to try it out

I have another question ..... how will the video card know ... that it should run 16:9 ??? will the drivers do that ?? or it will always run in strech?
        Thats a lot of power that its going to need. I honestly don't know that you can power it. Maybe you could use two power supplies, one for the motherboard, and one for the drives. What kind of power supply are you using? I've just got a wimpy EPIA 800, so I stuck with a PW-60a 100W PSU.

As for the video card, use a program called Powerstrip to handle your custom screen resolution. I have the same video card as you in my main desktop and it didn't give me an option for 800x480, but others claim it does, so I don't know...
        CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

hmm .. ill have to see about that .. ill try it out today .....

thank you for all the help

Comment

Working...
          X