Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Brake Safety Workaround?

Hey guys,

I am new here. I already did a search to see if this has been answered, but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I wanted to install an in-dash LCD Monitor and there is some wire that is the "parking brake" wire. You know the one....It doesn't let your screen come on when you have the parking brake disconnected.

Anyway, does anyone know how to disable it? It's only one greeen wire. I was thinking of just grounding it to common ground, but I don't want to short anything out or cause damage trying.

It's some generic brand from ebay. Pretty much something that I heard was actually good without the brand name plastered on it.

So anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Does your car have a standard screen that came with it. Because if it doesn't then you don't have that crap where you have to have the e brake down to watch it. I would assume you just cut it and see what happens, if it doesnt work reconnect it.

Comment

My suggestion is to tie it to ground. If that doesn't work, then try tying it to +12v. I had a Panasonic DVD Player that required that ebrake connection. I know it's one of the 2 (Yea, I'm helping), I just can't remember which one. Anyway, ground is the safer of the 2 to start with, so give it a whirl
      "I'm a dick!"
      "I must seek knowledge and it's bastard son truth" - The State

Comment

Cool

Thanks man. I will try those 2 options. It's not a major name brand, so I think it should be that simple. Course who knows.

I will try ground first than 12V. Until then, anyone else got any ideas if that doesn't work?

Comment

Just ground it! I am an installer, 100 percent positive

Comment

Originally posted by withoutcomp1
            Just ground it! I am an installer, 100 percent positive
            Yeah, what he said... ground, 100%, and installer also... DONE!

Coach... aka Randy!
            Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!) ;)

***Too many pieces and parts to list... maybe someday I'll show'm to ya!***

Comment

I had to put an alpine 7" screen in one of my boy's car . All I did was connect that wire to a switch and connect it to the brakes. This way all my buddy has to do is hit the brakes and the switch simultanously and the screen stays on. - Mind you he only does that when the vehicle is in park. Don't start braking on the highway because you want to put the screen on. I did essentially the same thing for my tv tuner as it would not come on without the ebrake.
              2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
              Gigabyte Z97 mITX Intel Mobo, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i5-4590S 3.0GHz Proc, 320 GB Hard Drive, Dual 12' VGA HDMI DVI touchscreen monitors,....
              http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-...avalanche.html

Comment

oops you guys beat me to it
                2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
                Gigabyte Z97 mITX Intel Mobo, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i5-4590S 3.0GHz Proc, 320 GB Hard Drive, Dual 12' VGA HDMI DVI touchscreen monitors,....
                http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-...avalanche.html

Comment

Working...
                X