Xenarc 700TSV or 700TS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc 700TSV or 700TS?

Ok, i've decided to go with a xenarc screen to avoid all the problems that people seem to be having with lilliputs. But i'm not too sure what xenarc monitor i'll need. TSV is with video input and TS is without right? I'm planning on having a reverse cam, so could i just plug it right into the monitor and press a button on the monitor to switch to the camera view? Is it possible to just go with the 700TS? Thanks for any help

--Nick

If you plan on having a reverse camera I would recommend the TSV. It has a "AV2 first" mode. In that mode the screen will switch to AV2 automatically if signal is detected and then back to the input that was selected before when the signal is gone. What I did was to power the camera using the reverse light line. This way as soon as I put the car in reverse the screen switches automatically to the camera and when I put the car in any other gear the screen goes back to VGA.

Comment

Get the VGA input. You cannot loose with VGA.
      A digital mind lost in an analog world.

Learn to ask smart questions!
      http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

My car PC: The Lost Cause!

Comment

Thanks, and i like your sig fluffy..

Comment

Originally posted by Izik
          If you plan on having a reverse camera I would recommend the TSV. It has a "AV2 first" mode. In that mode the screen will switch to AV2 automatically if signal is detected and then back to the input that was selected before when the signal is gone. What I did was to power the camera using the reverse light line. This way as soon as I put the car in reverse the screen switches automatically to the camera and when I put the car in any other gear the screen goes back to VGA.

Thats a good idea, what kind of camera did you use?

Comment

http://www.digitalww.com/camCA.htm

Comment

Originally posted by fluffy2097
              Get the VGA input. You cannot loose with VGA.
              Both the TS and the TSV have VGA. The TSV has VGA as well as two AV inputs.

Comment

Originally posted by Izik
                Thats powered by a 9V, how did you splice it in to your reverse?

Same amount of power?

Thanks

Also do you just run the rcas to the back of the TSV from the camera?

Comment

Originally posted by thepogcbr900rr
                  Thats powered by a 9V, how did you splice it in to your reverse?
                  Actually if you look at the link it's 12V.

Nice clean idea Izik.
                  -Daniele

Comment

Originally posted by dgaetano
                    Actually if you look at the link it's 12V.

Nice clean idea Izik.
                    How come the pic below from the site, looks like a 9v?

Comment

The camera power should be (per the manual) between 8v-12v. If you are worried about using the car's 12v you can use a relay (connected to the reverse light) and run 12v from the computer power supply.
                      I run the one RCA cable to the screens AV2. I don't use the microphone.

Comment

Working...
                      X