FREE LCD monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE LCD monitor

I will give a free (pay your own P&P) NEC NL6448ac20-06 6.4" LCD monitor (with I think an inverter) and a free 2.5" 6gb harddisk to anyone who can help me!

THere are of course, a few proviso's...

You see, I have two embedded PC systems which I think don't work fully. They each consist of a CoCom Voyager 2 mobo in a metal case, connected to a Hitachi 6gb 2.5" hard disk and to an NEC NL6448ac20-06 (you can find the specs for all these items pretty quickly using google).

The one thing they were missing was a PSU (which plugs into the mobo as a DC input). So what I did was have a look at the specs for the units and try various different voltages. At low voltages, the hard disk makes a little noise and the screen goes white. At 7v 2.1A (i kno... i kno...) one of them booted into BIOS. I was ecstatic until it stopped working after 10secs. Now it just goes white screen no matter the voltage.

I want to get one of these screens up and running, and will give away the other unit to anyone who helps me do it. Im not too hot on my electronics tho' so it could be a tough job. For all I know, one or both the screens could have melted during my voltage experiments (although I think the mobo's are the problem).

Basically I really want to get one up and running to turn into a mini touchscreen unit for my hifi system and will give you the other stuff as a reward. If only one of em works, we'll toss a coin for the working one.

I'm willing to spend some money getting it running, but I ideally want to find a way to connect one of them to a mini-itx board. If anyone knows of a PCI card that can connect to these LCDs that would do.

If no one can help me, I suppose its ebay for them both

thanks for bothering to get this far and thanks for any help
    Attached Files

Joe,

What are these devices out of? It would be easier to figure out how they work if you know where they come from or what they were originally intended for.

Thanks,
    Tom
    So far:
    M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

my dads friend cleared out a bust IT company's offices. There were hundreds of 32mb mp3 players the size of walkmans and these two units

Comment

That looks like a Point of sale pc, normally got a lan connection, and rs232 for barcode scanner, me thinks
        Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

laptop hard drives operate on a 5 volt line, i think. you could have fried the hdd by running it at 7 volts. then again, you might have just ****ed it off. (lol)

About the screen. have you plugged it into a normal computer's VGA out? or does it accept VGA? what's the interface on the touchscreen? (it does have a touchscreen, right?

Comment

From looking at bord info, it seems that the bord runs off a 5v, 5w supply(max 3amp).

from info
            Maximum Power Requirements: 5V only (4.75V to 5.25V @ 1.3Amps 6.5Watts) (Note: may require 3Amps if PC/104 modules are used)
            7volts oveously blew the other one up.

Tom

Comment

That's OK, 'cause that's the FREE one, right?
              www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

lol, that is true

Comment

Originally posted by pioneer
                  From looking at bord info, it seems that the bord runs off a 5v, 5w supply(max 3amp).

from info

7volts oveously blew the other one up.

Tom
                  What exactly are we talking about frying? The controller card for the LCD? I have one of these LCDs. I got it about 2 years ago from earthcomputers. The kit retails for $700. It's been running fine off of a "dirty" (unregulated) automobile 12v DC power source. No problems here - yet. Either way if he did fry the "bord" (controller card) for the LCD the actually display is most likely fine.
                  My Install Thread
                  digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
                  How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

I'm pretty sure the LCD screens are perfectly OK. I just think I've killed the motherboards* For the few seconds BIOS loaded, the LCD looked like the dog's bollocks.

*technically a colleague killed the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by Walleye
                      laptop hard drives operate on a 5 volt line, i think. you could have fried the hdd by running it at 7 volts. then again, you might have just ****ed it off. (lol)

About the screen. have you plugged it into a normal computer's VGA out? or does it accept VGA? what's the interface on the touchscreen? (it does have a touchscreen, right?
                      1. I haven't plugged it into a VGA as it only has an LCD digital interface or summat (look at LCD specs and mobo specs)

2. I was going to buy a touchscreen kit for it. They arent that expensive at 6.5"

Comment

have you tried to unplug the HDD and any peripherals and run the board with just the LCD?

maybe there is a current issue, some power peek that shuts the board or something.

Would you happen to have part numbers on the board? that could be usefull.
                        -Mars

Comment

Send me the parts, i'll get it working and tell you how! Seriously!
                          www.natchezss.com

God Bless America and Our President!

Comment

Vigor: several people would say that, but I doubt he would do it.
                            -Mars

Comment

I know; but there are actually honest people in this liberal world believe it or not!! I wouldn't send it out either; just a little humor
                              www.natchezss.com

God Bless America and Our President!

Comment

Working...
                              X